After The Break Up

It was a week after they decided to post the video. Their break up video. It happened. Both of them still cannot believe it. THEY BROKE UP. Both Shannon and Cammie went their own separate ways. They both believed that they need to go separately to grow individually. Never did they ever imagined that this day will come for the both of them. Life was so great. It was filled with "oh wow" moments. They thought that each other were the one. They are each other's very own fairy tale happy ending. All of these were taken away from them with a blink of an eye. Three and the half years of their life just went down the drain and there is nothing more they can do about it. Both of them were heartbroken and devastated about the break up but it is a mutual decision. To break up and grow. At least that is what they told themselves for now. Even though is it mutual decision doesn't make it any easier. They are each other's safe haven. Home. Soulmates. Nothing hurts more than having to lose the love of your life.

Shannon POV
I still cannot believe this. We are over. Can this please be just a nightmare? When I wake up all of these are just a dream. Please. Don't let this be the reality. I miss her. I love her so much. How do I do this without you, Cammie? You are my everything. I cannot do this without you. I just... I can't.

Shannon scrolled though all the pictures of them together from the very beginning. Every picture felt like a stab through her heart and the pain doesn't stop. She cried onto her pillow like what she does every night whenever she looked to her side and Cammie isn't there laying with her. She took her phone out and scroll through her contacts. She hovered her finger over Cammie's contact number...
I can't. *Threw her phone across the room* I miss you so much Camden Scott. I promise I will love you no matter what. I just want you to be happy. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I wasn't the one for you. I'm sorry I wasn't good enough. I hope you can find someone who can fill your other half and make you whole. Someone who can make you proud to love and someone who fits you perfectly. How I wish so badly that the someone was me. But it isn't. I know that now. I'm sorry.

Shannon cries herself to sleep. Every night. Ever since they broke up. She hugged one of her hoodie which still smells like Cammie. Falling asleep while clutching on to it as hard as she can. She wept and wept till the hoodie is soaking wet.

Before she fell deep in sleep, she whispers, goodnight Camden Mary Allyse Scott, the light of my life. I love you. I will keep my promise to you. Be happy and live my life.

Cammie POV
Cammie woke up from her sleep crying. Her eyes were swollen from so much crying. She had a nightmare again. She and Shannon were over. Wait. It isn't a nightmare. It is real life. Shannon isn't hers. Not anymore. They are over. She got up from the sofa in their living and walked to the kitchen to get some water and calm herself down. Ever since Shannon moved out, she had been sleeping on the sofa. She just can't bring herself to go into their bedroom and sleep on their bed. The bed where most of their memory lies. She cannot go through that pain every night knowing Shannon will never be there again. Every night till she finds a new place to stay. When she was in the kitchen, she started crying again. She backed up against the fridge and slide down onto the floor. She went into a foetus position and stayed on the floor. With all the crying happening in the kitchen, her roommate, Heather came out of her room and found her on the floor, crying. She went towards Cammie pulled her up and hugged her tight on the floor.

Cammie: I miss her so much Heather. I love her too much. I cannot do this without her. But I cannot break our promise. We promise that we will break up and grow individually. To find ourselves. I love her to every bits. But I have to love myself first. I don't know what to do. I am torn. She had been a part of my life for three and the half years. I've never regretted one moment of it. Those were the best years of my life. I... I am lost without her.

Heather not knowing what was the right thing to say just held her close telling her that it is going to take time. Take time to heal. Take time to forget. Take time to find someone new. That everything will be okay eventually. After a while Heather fell asleep on the floor cradling Cammie. Cammie was still wide awake thinking about Shannon.

But I don't want to forget. I never want to forget us. I don't want to find someone new. I want Shannon. I can love again but it will never be as much as I love Shannon. My love for her can never be duplicated. No one can ever replace Shannon. No one can make me feel what I felt whenever we kissed. No one can make me feel like I am the best person in their entire life. Only Shannon can do that. I love you Shannon Beveridge. I love you so much it hurts to watch you walk out of my life.

Before she fall back asleep. She whispers. Goodnight Shannon Nicole Beveridge, the love of my life. I will keep our promise. Always.