Wake Up Call

Winnie drove both of them to the café to grab their breakfast together and talk about Shannon and Cammie. Both of them ordered their breakfast set and just sat at the table by the windows. Winnie crossed her arms staring at Shannon waiting for her to speak up. Shannon said nothing and continue fidgeting her fingers, looking at her fingers not daring to look up at Winnie.

Winnie: You cannot avoid this forever Shannon. Even if you can it isn't healthy for you to keep everything inside. You can talk to me.

Shannon: I.. I don't know. I don't know where to start. What to say. I'm not good at this.

Winnie: Alright. Fine. Then I will start okay. I am going to say a few things and you think about it and answer me if you want to or not. Doesn't matter okay. All you need to do is hear what I have to say.

Shannon: Okay.

Winnie: Okay, from what I gathered, I am pretty certain that you are definitely in love with Cammie. In the matter of fact, you never once stopped loving her even after the break up. She is the huge part of your heart and always will be and this will never change no matter how many other people that you think you might love or tried to love. Am I right?

Shannon: *nodded*

Winnie: Alright. What I have understood is that you can love someone else but the love will never be the same with the love that you showered Cammie with. The love you present her with can never be imitated and will only be shown for her. No matter how hard you try you just can never love someone as much as you love Cammie. Only Cammie can bring out these loving and caring side of Shannon. The version of Shannon you always wanted to be. Not the Shannon right now. You hate yourself right now. For what you have become. Only Cammie can make you smile ever so softly and looking in awe for being so in love. So crazily in love with Camden Scott.

Shannon: .....

Winnie: Alright. Even if you don't want to admit it out loud to what I am about to say but you can agree and disagree with me in your head ok. You don't have to say anything if you don't want to.

Shannon: Fine.

Winnie: Let's talk about this morning. Something happened in your room. Whatever it is you wanted it to happen but it didn't. If I had to guess both of you had a moment going and was interrupted.

Shannon: *shrugged*

Winnie: Okay fine. Just listen up. Doesn't matter how much time pass. 3 years. 30 years. 300 years. The love you have for Cammie didn't fade away. Heck, not only it didn't die away, it only grew stronger and stronger every passing day. You always feel that you are not enough for Cammie. You think that Cammie deserve everything best in the world and you are not it. You think Cammie doesn't love you anymore. You think you are so broken to the point that you cannot be fixed. You feel so lonely and isolated even if you are surrounded with thousands or even millions of people. It didn't matter because they aren't something you need. You only needed one person. You....

*phone rings* Winnie left the table and picked up the phone. Few moments later Winnie returned and said " I got to get to the office and solve some problems on site. Do you wanna stay here or wait for till I get back? I won't be long. Shannon didn't answer. She is still deep in thought about what Winnie had just said to her. No one ever said all these things which are exactly right about what she is feeling and what she is thinking. She is shuddered by how accurate were Winnie's words. Winnie then walked towards the table and left her car keys on the table and said "Okay. You can leave if you want to but if you didn't I will call you after I am done and see what's up." Winnie left. Shannon just sat there and submerged in her own thoughts.