A Step Forward

Shannon and Winnie went back to their house after having lunch together. Both of them is now sitting in the living room. Shannon is pumping herself up to gather all the courage she have to call Cammie. To ask her out to tell her how she feels. She tried so many times but she chickened out every time.

Winnie: Damn Shan. You know what you need.

Shannon: What

Winnie: Courage.

Shannon: Yeah? Well where can I buy one?

Winnie: Well I have an idea. You don't have to buy it. You can get it right now.

Shannon: What?

Winnie: Liquor Courage.

Shannon: I thought you never offer.

Shannon drank a couple of beers. Feeling a little bit tipsy but a lot more confident by every second.

Shannon: Okay. I think I am ready. I am going to do this for real.

Winnie: There she is! That's the spirit!

*beep*beep* *beep*beep*

Cammie: Hey Shan. What's up?

Shannon: Hi Cam. I uh.. I have something to tell you. Can we meet?

Cammie: Yeah. Sure. Where? When? I got some things that I want to tell you too.

Shannon: Tomorrow. At Bloom Cafe? About 2pm? Sounds good?

Cammie: Yeah. Sounds great. See you tomorrow.

Shannon: See you. Bye.

*hangs up*

Shannon freaked. She is going to see Cammie tomorrow and tell her how she felt. She is terrified yet she is excited. Excited that she can finally be brave enough to admit to herself how much she loves Cammie even after all these years. The years had passed but the love never left but it grew even stronger. Terrified. Terrified that Cammie don't feel the same way anymore. Terrified that she will get rejected and get her heart broken again. But this is the risk she is willing to take. Everything or nothing. Even if she lost everything, she needed Cammie to know how much she loves her and will love her. Forever. She rather lose everything than to regret for not diving in and try and say what she is feeling. Shannon shut her eyes tight and went to sleep. Dreaming about Cammie and her. Drifting into her sleep happy. The first time she felt so happy going to bed after all these years thinking about tomorrow is finally the day. The day she had been hoping for such a long time now.