Turning Point

Winnie just came home from work, it was only 4PM. She decided to check on Shannon knowing that she will be home due to her injuries. She has been home ever since cause it is difficult for her to move around. She knocks on her door.

Shannon: COME IN!

Winnie: Woah. Someone's not in the mood huh. What is going on in this mess?

Shannon: I can't find anything to wear.

Winnie: Says the girl who has at least 50 pieces of clothing laying around her room right now. Why you dressing up for anyways? You going somewhere?

Shannon: Yes I am. Remember? It's Cammie and Kara engagement party tonight. We agreed to go.

Winnie: Oh, that's tonight? Shit. I completely forgotten about it.

Shannon: Regardless, you are coming with me whether you like it or not.

Winnie: Wow. Demanding much? Don't worry though. I will be there to give you moral support.

Shannon: Thank you.

Winnie: You owe me one. I hope you know that.

Shannon: Go change! We are going to be late!

Winnie: Fashionably late. I can work with that.

Shannon: Gooooo!

Winnie: Okay okay. Fine. Geezz.

Winnie went back to her room to shower and change. After she's done, she went down to the living room expecting Shannon will be there too. She's not. So Winnie went to Shannon's room to look for her. When she entered, Shannon was staring blankly into the wall sitting on the floor.

Winnie: Hey. What you doing down there?

Shannon: I don't know. I just...

Winnie: Felt empty huh.

Shannon: Yeah. Like everything feels so quiet. So empty. All of a sudden. I felt my heart suddenly ache when I think about Cammie's engagement.

Winnie: Well. That is because you still love her.

Shannon: I know. But I still want to be happy for her regardless. I know how much it will mean to her if I am happy too.

Winnie: You always think of her before yourself. Told you love is selfish. But in your case you are selfish for her instead of yourself. Everything you do is for her good. What about your own?

Shannon: It doesn't matter. It's about time I wake from my fantasy world anyway. There is no such thing as a happy ending. A happy ending is a story which hasn't end yet.

Winnie: Depends on how you describe your happy ending.

Shannon: You always have things to say huh?

Winnie: I am quite a talker if you haven't notice it yet.

Shannon: Oh trust me. I've noticed.

Winnie: You ready? You still want to go? If you don't you don't have to you know that right?

Shannon: No, I am good. I am ready. Let's go. Time to face the truth instead of running away from it. I can't hide forever right?

Winnie: If you say so. Come on. Get up from the floor.

Winnie helped Shannon up from the floor and guided her to the car. Shannon took a deep breath in. Sucking in all the courage and put on her strong happy face. Whispers to herself "I am going to do this. For Cammie. And me. Smile." It wasn't a long drive to the venue. When they reached, Winnie looked over to Shannon and studied her.