Moving On (Part 2)

AFTER A FEW MONTHS
Their friends were having a party. Both of them were invited. They didn't know if one another would attend but both of them did. To make the situation even more awkward, both of them have their dates with them who were also their current girlfriends. They tried as hard to avoid one another for the entire night. But they are like magnets to one another. They kept getting drawn to one another no matter how hard they try to avoid. The magnetic pull is too strong to resist. Finally they gave up fighting and said hi to one another and introduce their "other half" to one another.

Shannon POV
Hey, Cam. It is great to see you here. She is trying so hard not to make it awkward for all of them. She stares into Cammie's big green round eyes a little too long than she planned to and snapped out of it immediately and cleared her throat. Uhh.. this is Cari Fletcher, my uhh.. girlfriend. And this is Cammie Scott, my... best friend. Cari reached out and shaked Cammie's hand and smiled.

Cammie POV
Hi Shannon. It's great to see you too. She realized that she is too staring intensely into Shannon's blue eyes. Her blue eyes, so mesmerizing. So pretty. This is Kara Godfrey. My girlfriend. And this is Shannon Beveridge, my best friend. Kara felt the intense tension growing between the both of them. She ignored it and just shook Shannon's hand.

General POV
Both of them trying to be as less awkward as they can to be around one another with their new girlfriends. Both of them were great in hiding the hurt and broken hearts behind those big wide smile. No one knew they were actually shattered in the inside. What interesting thing they learned about their individual girlfriends are that they actually looked like one another. Kara showed lots of representations of Shannon and hell Cara looked a lot like Cammie. Maybe they both haven't completely moved on with one another. They just found another version of one another. But both of them were stubborn enough to believe that they had moved on, truly.