Awaken

Cammie woke up determined. Determined that she had enough of running. Determine that it is finally the time to face the truth. Cammie called Winnie up after prepping herself. She told her that she got something important to talk to her about and she needed some advice about it. Winnie agreed to her invitation and decided to meet her. Both of them met up at the café near Cammie's apartment. Cammie was already there when Winnie came. She was seems nervous. She was fidgeting her fingers. Winnie became curious about what is it all about that Cammie suddenly asked her out and she had something to say. So Winnie approached Cammie slowly.

Winnie: Hey. What's up? You okay?

Cammie: I am good. I am fine. I..uh.. I need to talk to you about something.

Winnie: Yeah sure. What about?

Cammie: It's ..uuhh.. it's about Shannon.

Winnie: Hmm..? What about her?

Cammie: I think. I might. Still love her.

Winnie: So you are finally willing to admit to yourself that huh?

Cammie: What you mean. I haven't been lying to myself.

Winnie: You have. To be honest it is very transparent. The both of you. It didn't take much to realize that. But I know it is going to take a lot for both of you to admit your feelings.

Cammie: The both of us?

Winnie: You didn't think that Shannon didn't love you anymore did you?

Cammie: I really don't know anymore.

Winnie: She never stopped. She is head over heel over you and always will be.

Cammie: Then why she didn't do anything about it?

Winnie: She was about to. Remember that time at the café? She was ready to tell you but then you dropped the proposal bomb on her. What I know is that Shannon loves you more than anything in the world. I thought that she proved it all when she rather lose her life than letting you lose yours.

Cammie: That is why she ran away. Cause she thought she lost me. She is just too good of a person. She is just the most selfless human in the world. She puts everything above herself. That is one part I love most about her.

Winnie: No Cammie. Yes, I couldn't agree more that she is selfless. But she did what she did because she loves you. A lot. Given the situation where you almost get hit by a car, her mind when to overdrive, sped towards you and put you out of harm's way regardless of herself. In her mind then was to just keep you safe. No matter the cost. She didn't just say she loves you. She showed you she loves you.

Cammie: I.. I don't know what to do.

Winnie: You already said you love her. But what kind of love are you referring to?

Cammie: I am in love with her. I am in love with Shannon Nicole Beveridge. Always have been.

Winnie: Are you sure. Or is this a sudden thing cause you almost lose her in the accident.

Cammie: Almost losing her is like a kick to my face. It's like a wake up call. It made me want to face the reality. The reality where if I ever did lose her. I lose everything. I cannot lose her. She is my everything. That experience confirms it. Confirms how much she meant to me.

Winnie: So what are you going to do about it?

Cammie: I am going to win her back. Bring her home.