When Two Worlds Collide

I wait on the bus for everyone else to get on. Looking out the window I think of my life so far. My first life was a boring and frustrating experience as well as emotionally devasting. Now that I'm here in my second life my life is now exciting, emotionally uplifting, and very much a relief. Soon the bus fills up and finally Rin comes on. He looks around and everyone avoids his eyes. "Hey Rin! Come sit next to me!" I say taking pity on him.  I usually like to sit by myself with my head on the glass feeling the calming rhythm of the bus but Rins to good of a guy to deserve this treatment.

He smiles and walks to my seat and sits next to me. "Why is everyone avoiding you?" I whisper. He just looks down and doesn't reply "It doesn't matter... have you ever been to Kyoto?" I ask. He looks up at me "No I haven't I cant wait to get there and see everything! Especially Kyoto Tower!" he replies excitedly. "Cool that sounds awesome! We have to go see sight seeing. I wanna see the temples.. I wanna see everything!" I say matching his enthusiasm.

We go on like this until Yukio and Shura get on. "Alright we have been called to assist Kyoto and you main duty is to help them in any way. Got any questions?" Shura asks. Suguro speaks up "Yeah one. Why is he here? Shouldn't we be sending exorcists with experience?" he asks pointing his  thumb towards me. "Normally yes but Mephisto requested him to go himself" she explains. 

"Hey! I have a name you know!" I interject. They look at me and say "We know" I lean back in my seat and cross my arms. Soon we're on are way and I forget what happened. I look out the window and see the sites. "Why did you move here from America?" Rin asks startling me. I try to think of something "I wanted to come to Japan" I shrug and add "I also wanted to go a place where no one know my parentage". Rin nods like he understands and I know he does.

When we arrive at our destination I see something I never expected to see.... or I should someone. "Devin!" she calls my name and runs up to me and hugs me. I stand there shocked unable to move. I finally pull Iza-Chan away "How did you get here?" I ask leading her away from the others. "A portal opened  and a female voice said that you were on this side. So I went through it" she explains. 'That goddess...' I groan internally. "What about the others? Did they come as well?" I ask getting nervous now.

She nods "Yeah the-" Interrupt her. "Where are they? We need to get them out of here!" I practically shout.  "What? Why?" she ask and I stamp down my impatience as much as I can in order to explain. "This is another dimension and in this dimension Devils and Demons are evil and are being killed by exorcists. While here I am one of them but if the others say what they are even by accident... I don't know if I can save all of you" I explain and her face pales "Now lead me toward them please" I ask and she snaps into action.

On our way out of our private corner I see my new group. "Hey guys!" I say attracting their attention "I have to go off for a little while and I catch up to you guys later". I start to move away but my way is blocked by Shura "The group says together" she says menacingly. I think over my options. I could try to run but I wont get far plus if they meet Issei and the others before I can stop it.... I don't want to think about what would happen...

I go back to the group and bring Iza-Chan with me. She's scared but pretends to hide it. Izumo turns toward Iza-Chan "Hey my names Kamiki Izumo what's yours?" she asks. Iza-Chan hides behind my back. "Sorry she's a bit nervous around new people" I say rubbing the back of my head and smiling nervously. Izumo smiles down at Iza-Chan again and says "That's OK. How do you know her?" she asks. "She is a friend from back home. She would come to America during the summer, but spent most of the time in Tokyo." I explain and Izumo nods.

I quietly sigh in relief but it doesn't last long. In the distance I see Issei and the others. I turn toward Iza-Chan and indicate to them. "Go explain the situation" I whisper "And get them out of here" I add. She nods and moves away toward them. A few of the class notices her leave but don't say anything. "Hey! Where ya goin?" Rin asks and I flinch internally. 'Shit this isn't good' I think before I speak up. "She's going to the group she came here with" I say nodding toward where Iza-Chan is talking toward Akeno.

That should end the conversation and the situation. "Ms. Shura can they travel with us?" Izumo asks. "Sure I don't care" Shura says dismissing the whole conversation. 'Shit. Shit. Shit. SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHIIIIITTTT' I scream internally. Izumo goes toward to invite them and I can see Issei being pervy. Soon Akeno leads the way toward us. 'How can this day get any worse?' I groan. 'At least they know the situation now. Iza-Chan should of had enough time to explain the situation.' I don't have time to think anything else because they're already here.

As soon as Akeno gets close enough to see me she hugs me and smothers my face in her chest. "Hey Devin" she purrs "It's good to see you again" she finishes and lets me go. I take a minute to breath then look around. Everyone stands there gaping and Keneko walks up to me pulls me down and kisses me. "Devin I missed you" she says hugging me then letting me go and stepping back. Everyone falls backwards and I laugh nervously. "What the Hell?!" they yell.

My life just got a whole lot more complicated. While this makes things more interesting... yeah lets just see how this goes. 'Goddess if I ever see you again I will punch you in your smug face. Twice.' I scream internally and I swear I can hear her laughing. Well at least my new life isn't getting boring anytime soon.