7

I've finally reached 100 views! You have no idea how happy I am and it's all thanks to you! Thank you guys so much. I love y'all! 💙

I also want to dedicate this chapter to minniecat2000 , who is the first person to vote this story. Ik it ain't much but really I appreciate it! =>

Enjoy reading!

•••

It's already been three hours since she dragged Luffy back in his bed and she went back to sleep. The thing is, she just didn't seem to be able to close her eyes, so she went out of her room and decided to take over Robin's night shift.

"Nami! What are you doing here?" Robin asked as she closed her book.

"I can't sleep. I'll take over, you go and rest", she responded with a small smile.

"Are you sure? You seemed pretty tired the other day. Is something the matter?"

Robin couldn't deny the fact that her friend looked somehow troubled by something ever since they met Sabo.

"It's just that, I noticed how similar me and Luffy are", Nami answered without hesitation as she really wanted to talk to her friend.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Ever since Sabo arrived yesterday, I couldn't stop thinking about Nojiko and that's when I realized, both me and Luffy have someone whom we loved so much sacrifice their life for us and the adopted sibling that helped us through, even though they were suffering just as much. But after the incident, Luffy didn't have anyone by his side and the worst thing is that I know exactly how much he suffered in those two years when all he did was train on an unknown island." Nami took a deep breath as she didn't even breathe when talking.

Robin looked at the orange haired girl whose face could hardly be seen in the darkness. Even so, she knew that her friend was being troubled at the thought that she couldn't do anything to help the one she loved.

"Tell me, Nami", Robin started. "How did you feel after meeting Luffy, Zoro, Usopp and Sanji? How did you feel after they fought the Arlong pirates without any other reason aside from the fact that they hurt you? How did you feel having them by your side?"

"It felt... like I was finally healing", Nami almost whispered.

"Then, don't you think Luffy feels the same way now? Don't you think that having us by his side is helping him heal? He might've suffered in the course of those years, but now he's not alone anymore. Just look at him and tell me that he's not happy", Robin concluded with a warm smile.

Nami thought of his signature smile. It didn't change at all. His always happy and adventurous spirit hasn't changed either and he even seemed to eat more than before. He was just the same old Luffy that she met on that day when he fell from the sky.

"You're right", she agreed. "Now go. I'll stay", Nami said as she opened the book she didn't forget to bring with her.

Robin nodded and went for their room, happy that she could finally go to sleep.

***

It was a foggy, cold morning and Nami was the second one to wake up. As she went out of the crow's nest, she heard a well known voice calling her name.

"Nami-swan!!" Sanji was coming out of the kitchen. He was always the first one to wake up as he had to fix everyone's breakfast even though, he couldn't deny it, he would sometimes love to sleep longer just like his lazy ass captain. "Even this ugly morning seems beautiful when you are around!" he said with heart shaped eyes.