13

Luffy was the first one to wake up. He felt a pair of thin hands wrapped around him and a soft breath on his chest. Looking down, he smiled at the sight of the orange haired girl who he held. Seeing her pale smile, he thought, yet again, that love was such a beautiful feeling. He was used to his heart pounding in anger or excitement, but never like this. He loved her, he knew it so he didn't even try to fight the impulse of hugging her even closer, thing that woke her up, too.

"Oh sorry! I woke you up", he smiled when seeing her opening her eyes.

"Don't worry."

It was so weird for her to wake up smiling so bright. Even though she couldn't remember how she ended up sleeping with Luffy, because she was more asleep than awake the night before, she was happy to open her eyes and the first thing to see to be him.

They both just stayed there, watching each other as a ray of sun entered the room through the window and warmed the atmosphere even more. Well, as much as they enjoyed it, of course that Luffy's stomach had to interrupt the moment with a loud growl, making Nami giggle.

"Let's go have breakfast. The others must be waiting."

They both got out of bed and Nami didn't even see Luffy disappear to the kitchen.

"Jeez it's like he's teleporting himself", she laughed as she headed to the kitchen too. "Hm? Where's everyone?"

"They left a note that says they all went to town earlier so they could finish the work today and leave for the next island sooner", Luffy pouted. "And Sanji didn't cook anything. Well, it's alright!" he cheered up really quick. "I'll cook!"

"Don't you even think about it!" Nami yelled as she took back the frying pan that Luffy had already taken. "I'll make something, so you just stay put and wait a little."

She didn't even want to think about what would happen if Luffy were to ever try to cook. The Sunny would most likely burn down just like poor Merry.

Deciding to make some omelette with bacon, she took out the ingredients, too many for just two people, knowing how much Luffy could eat, and started cooking. She would lie if she said she wasn't nervous. "What if he doesn't like what I make him? What if he doesn't like the way I cook? Doesn't Sanji have any recipes or anything? Stupid! Of course he doesn't. I'm cooking a damn omelette here!" Were the thoughts that crossed her mind as she was nervously breaking the eggs into the frying pan.

All this time, Luffy was watching her lovingly without managing to erase the huge smile that formed on his face ever since he woke up. He looked at her as she was quickly moving her hands adding ingredients and cutting the bacon and a, he said weird, thought came up in his mind. He wanted that every morning in his life to be that way. Waking up with Nami in his arms, watching her cook for him, spending time with her. He thought that if he would ever quit being a pirate, thing that will never happen anyway, that was the way he wanted to lead his life. He wasn't one to think of the future as the only future plan he had was to become the Pirate King, but, for the first time in his life, he thought, what's gonna be after that?

He put those thoughts aside when Nami placed a huge plate full of omelette on the table, in front of him.

"Thank you for the food!" he said with his mouth full.

"Well, do you like it?" Nami asked, a little nervous. She knew that her cooking was far from bad as during those years she spent with Arlong she had to manage things all by herself, but despite knowing that, her heart was racing at the thought that Luffy might not like it.

"It's great!" he grinned while looking at Nami.

"I'm glad", she sighed relieved, as she started eating.