15

"Come on, Luffy! Don't be like that! We have just made our way out of there. You should be happy!" Nami kept trying to cheer Luffy up, who looked like an upset kid that didn't get his candy.

Seeing how Luffy didn't give any sign to let go of his gloomy mood, Nami started thinking that maybe she should've let him fight. All in all, they were pirates. They didn't have to care about people's fears.

"If maybe they fought on the shore, they wouldn't have disturbed the villagers who were, anyway, all hiding in their houses ever since the marines arrived." she thought. "What if he's pissed at me now?" Then, laughing in sarcasm: "Just look at me! I used to interdict him a lot of things without caring if he agreed or not, but now, I said no to him, for such a good reason too, and I'm worrying that he's mad."

"I didn't get to fight. I can live with that, but what I'm really pissed about, is that I couldn't take you to that place."

Luffy's words not only snapped her out of her thoughts, but they also made her heart beat unusually fast.

"Is that what you are mad about?"

"Of course! I wanted to take you there ever since we first arrived and I found that place, but I didn't get the chance to ask you. So when we were finally heading there, I was thrilled. But I never got to show it to you. They ruined our day together, too!" he pouted.

"Aw Luffy! You don't have to be mad. I don't mind. I'm just happy that I got to spend some time with you the rest of the day", Nami smiled. She thought that falling for Luffy more than she already did was impossible and yet it was happening. "Even cleaning the kitchen was fun", she then laughed.

"You sure you're not upset?" Luffy asked, looking at her with big eyes, thing that made her want to hug him. She held back though.

"I'm sure", she smiled brightly, making him smile too.

"Well that was some interesting conversation", Robin smirked. Of course she's been listening.

^^^

"Usopp, you bastard! You cheated! I would've won otherwise!"

"Yeah, Luffy's right! It ain't fair!"

"Hahahaha! The Great Captain Usopp always finds ways to get what he wants, be it fair or not!"

"You coward!"

"I ain't a coward! I'm just realistic! There was no other way to win!"

"I just wish they kept it down for a while", Nami sighed, letting go of the pencil she's been holding for so long that her hand felt like petrifying in that position.

She was now working on the map she didn't get to finish the other day and of course she couldn't concentrate because of her noisy crew mates.

Suddenly, the loud voices disappeared after Usopp yelled Luffy's name. Nami went out of her room to see what happened. Only the sight of Usopp jumping in the sea helped her understand the situation.

"I can't believe it! Of course he just had to fall", Nami sighed. "And now we've gotta convince him to take a bath. This is gonna be troublesome!"

Soon enough, Usopp climbed back on the ship carrying a weakened Luffy in his back.

"Wait a second, Usopp", Nami said when seeing that he wanted to put Luffy down. "Why don't you carry him in the bath until he's still like a vegetable", she said with a sly smile on her face.