who needs love at first sight anyway

The time he probably would've spent pining over Taehyung was spent watching Taehyung and Namjoon (in the least creepy way possible). He really did see it now, not just some half-hearted agreement in a hallway to appease the threats from the group of idiots who were now his friends.

He realized that, a month after he moved to Seoul, had he relived his first day in this school, he would have given himself a slap on the cheek and a scolding; a slightly more tame version of what Yoongi, Seokjin, Jeongguk, and Hoseok had done.

Somewhere along the way to where they were now, Jimin had brought the seven of them into a group. A big, messy, full-of-disagreements group who bonded solely over simultaneously groaning at Seokjin's dad jokes, sure. But. A group nonetheless.

Now they were all piled on Seokjin's couch, Jeongguk, Hoseok, and Jimin playing video games while the rest watched and speculated about the outcome.

"No, you see how Hoseok always uses his items right as he gets them? See, that banana could have been used later," Namjoon insisted. "Jimin is going to win."

"Yes!"

"Hey," Jeongguk whined. "Why not me?"

"Sorry Jeongukkie," Taehyung said, intercepting the train of thought from where he was lying upside down across the couch, head in Namjoon's lap. "You seem a little distracted."

And maybe he was.

Maybe it was the ᆺ shape Hoseok's mouth formed as he pouted about placing seventh.

Maybe it was how he poked Jeongguk in the side so comfortably, causing him to fall over on his side.

Maybe it was how easily the grin slipped back onto his face when Jeongguk retaliated.

Who knows.

Taehyung gasped loudly halfway through their fourteenth race, sitting up from his spot laying down in Namjoon's lap so abruptly he almost toppled off the sofa and onto Seokjin. No one paid this much mind, as Taehyung making weird noises and being dramatic was nothing new.

"Namjoon!"

"Hmm?"

"I just realized that if we got married, we wouldn't need to change our names!"

Jeongguk dropped his controller. Hoseok spun straight off the course.

Yoongi slid off the couch and onto the floor.

"You can't just say shit like that and not realize it, I swear five years drain from my lifespan every. Single. Time. God, why am I not dead already? It'd be less painful than this," he mumbled, standing up and ambling to the kitchen. "I need a drink."

He came back with a Capri Sun in hand and absolute hopelessness painted across his face. Taehyung and Namjoon just looked confused.

Jimin, Jeongguk, and Hoseok placed the last three spots in their race.

Later that night, when Namjoon somehow tripped over the (completely smooth) tile floor in Seokjin's kitchen and acquired a big, lovely bruise on his elbow from the marble countertop, the others watched slack-jawed as Taehyung kissed it, with a low but enthusiastic "That's what eomma does," eliciting a soft, secretive smile between the two of them.

Namjoon had a tendency to get hurt (a lot), and Taehyung would always kiss him better. That's what he does.

That's what they do.