i am a collapsing star

Hoseok felt like someone had turned a switch inside him, because suddenly all he could see was Jeongguk. Tunnel vision. But only for one person.

He supposed it had started a long time ago; he didn't feel different. Things must have been this way for a while now, he'd just had yet to notice them.

But he definitely knew it when he opened his eyes and there he was, only a couple inches away. Hoseok's arm was still slung around Jeongguk's waist, but he didn't move it. His whole body thrummed with the pull of sleep and his arm felt like lead.

And maybe he wants to wait for Jeongguk to wake up. To see how he'll react.

Will he be happy, Hoseok wonders, to wake up in my arms?

He sure hoped so.

Jeongguk's phone went off on the bedside table. It was loud, and Jeongguk shifted uncomfortably. Hoseok reached to grab it, to turn it off.

He glanced at the screen. It was 9:08 A.M., and Jeongguk had a notification from tumblr. It wasn't Hoseok's business; he turned the ringer off and pushed it back onto the table before wrapping Jeongguk in his arms again.

He kind of wanted to stay here forever, just to suspend the doubt concerning Jeongguk's feelings towards him. Because now, as Jeongguk was breathing in and wrapped up in everything Hoseok, it was easy to pretend he felt the same.

It was easy to get the feeling he felt the same, too. It wasn't uncommon for Hoseok to look over at him only to find Jeongguk was already staring at him. But it wasn't fair, to Jeongguk or himself, to assume that meant what Hoseok wished it did.

It was hard. It was really, really hard, to prevent himself from just leaning forward and pressing the two of them together, especially the nights where Jeongguk had stayed up too late working or dancing and was so clingy and so sleepy and his grin was lazy but his eyes were bright.

It was one of those nights when Hoseok found out how nonexistent Jeongguk's filter was when he was tired.

"You know," he said, and it came out a murmured smile, "you're really pretty."

Hoseok blushed, but continued to basically carry him into his bedroom. He didn't know what he was saying, after all. He had seen Jeongguk tell the floor it was beautiful on the worst nights.