the lifeline

There was, in fact, a reason Namjoon holds Taehyung's hand while they're crossing the street.

It had to do with Taehyung's love for puppies (and, honestly, anything fluffy that was in the vicinity and able to be petted) and his worrying disregard for everything else. Even traffic.

And Namjoon thinks he's kind of glad for a reason to hold Taehyung's hand (though his friend probably wouldn't question it if Namjoon just randomly started doing it without a reason). It's large and warm and feels nice clasped against his own, even if there's usually ink smeared on it afterwards from all the things Tae jots down.

They made their way into the bubble tea shop, taking their usual bar stools at the window before Taehyung went up to order.

Namjoon took out his phone and clicked one the camera app, because the light streaming through the large window is bouncing off of Taehyung's tan skin; and with his ripped blue sweater and cute scarf and round glasses, wasn't he just the perfect embodiment of the rapidly-turning-crisp weather?

"Are you gonna post that?" Taehyung said, pushing his face close to Namjoon's to see the picture.

"Yep. Sometime tonight, probably. If I decide the world deserves it."

And Taehyung beamed. Then took a large sip of his tea. Namjoon watched his face contort ridiculously in frustration as he tried to get the tapioca pearls through the straw and snickered.