becoming

Every touch, every simple gesture, everything, felt slightly different now, Namjoon noticed.

Like how Taehyung would hold his hand at every possible moment, how he'd nuzzle into Namjoon's shoulder when he was sleepy, how Namjoon's clothes weren't even his anymore because they were all in Taehyung's closet smelling like Taehyung's cologne and Taehyung's laundry detergent. Like how his smile was so beautiful, and when Namjoon caused it he felt on top of the world.

They still got bubble tea and they still sat on their stools by the window and Namjoon still took photos of Taehyung (because who wouldn't?) and set them as his background (again: who wouldn't?).

And at night they'd fall into bed together, loose shirts showing collarbones and thighs. And they'd talk. Draw idly on each other's stomachs. Kiss. Spend hours in silence, each on their phones. Cuddle. Play a CD that Namjoon made of "our songs."

Sometimes they'd just lay there together, facing each other, drinking it all in.

It was one of those nights when Namjoon looked down at Taehyung, who had made himself comfortable on top of Namjoon's chest, legs tangled helplessly together. "Do you wanna move in with me?"

"Huh?" Taehyung had been playing Candy Crush for the past two hours, so it took his eyes come time to focus on his boyfriend. (His boyfriend. This time two months ago, that word would have never come to mind while looking at Namjoon. It was incredible, truly, how much had changed, because now there seemed to be no better fit for Lanky Linguine Boy, who was smiling fondly at Taehyung.)

"Do you wanna move in with me?"

"Sure. I mean, I practically live here anyways."

"You do live here, Tae. This is your apartment. Would you like to live in mine? With me?"

"Okay." Namjoon brushed back a piece of hair that had fallen into Taehyung's eyes. And then he smiled, and Namjoon smiled back, and neither could hold back their stares.

Taehyung leaned forward and pecked Namjoon, right on the dimple of his left cheek.

"You're beautiful." He kissed the other one. "I love you."

Namjoon held the back of Taehyung's head so gently—"I love you too, baby"—and kissed him. It was slow and indulgent and it was milk and honey on lazy Sunday afternoons and it was a warm fire crackling in the middle of winter and it was everything Taehyung could ever need, everything in the universe, because wasn't that just Namjoon?