white sheets and bright lights

They were sitting on the carpet, leaning against Taehyung's couch. Namjoon's head was in Taehyung's lap, Taehyung's fingers running through his hair as he talked about why he thought it was so important to do things that made you happy.

"Because, Taehyung, one day someone could wake up and realize that they haven't really done that much in their life that truly made them happy. Isn't that really the meaning of it all? Because when you die, you won't be reborn into a life based on how much money you had, you'll be reborn as what Fate thinks you deserve based on the things you did, for your own and for others' happiness."

He paused for a moment, looking deep in thought. (Well, deeper.) Taehyung took advantage of the brief silence and leaned down to kiss him.

Ah, he'd never get over this feeling. Or the way Namjoon's hand came up to frame his face, or the way their breathing mixed. His lips were so warm against Taehyung's.

When they broke apart, Namjoon was smiling like an idiot, and Taehyung wasn't much better.

"I don't think I'll ever just wake up one day and think I wasted anything," Taehyung said promptly. "Not if I wake up next to you, that is."

Namjoon let his hand fall over his face. Taehyung could see through the cracks of his fingers. His cheeks were red.

"Hey." Taehyung tugged Namjoon's hand off his face. "Hey, baby, let's go somewhere."

Namjoon raised an eyebrow. "Where?"

Taehyung shrugged.

"Okay."

They ended up driving forty minutes, finally stopping at a Wendy's.

Taehyung took the lid off their Frosty and dipped a fry into it. Namjoon frowned at him.

"I still can't believe that after all these years, you've never gotten it into your head that they're much better together," Taehyung mumbled in response.

"You're weird."

Taehyung stuck out his tongue. "You love it."

"I do."