Chapter 12

I grinned to myself. I walked slowly up to the gray dog. The dog just stared at me. I let it sniff my hand first then I bent down. I started petting the head.

"Do you have an owner?" I asked th3 dog quietly. No collar... maybe I can keep it! "I'm going to name you, Buddy, then!" I smiled at Buddy.

I unlocked my door with Buddy sitting next to me. It finally unlocked and we both walked inside. "When was the last time you had food...? Poor thing." The dogs eyes glowed. I went to my closet and bent down to drag out a dog bed.

"I-I had this ever since I started living here. See, when I loved with my parents I had a dog named Cocoa. This was his dog bed. My father, um.... k-killed him." I said Greefly. The dogs eyes widened.

"I was very upset..." I sat on the ground next to buddy. "Then my parents said they were going on a business trip. They did. I was still 5. No babysitter." I looked down continuing the story.

"They never name back for three months... they said it was a week. I waited for them anyway. Then the police came at my door. They wanted my parents to pay the rent. They moved away without telling anyone. They forced me to pack my stuff and get into the car to go to an orphanage. I wasn't ready to meet new people. I escaped before they could get me into the car. I ran to a subway station then it went to main street. I told the subway operator I had no where to lice and I didn't want to go to an orphanage. They let Me stay where I am now. That operator was killed by a murder roaming around main street."

I told a dog... my story. I look over to Buddy. With tears in his two miscolored eyes. Buddy went into my lap and cuddled against me. I smiled weakly.
Why is this dog... exactly like human? I get up and walk towards the door. "I'm going to buy dog food. Be right back." I said closing the door and locking it.

Later~

I open the door with a huge bag of Toganasu dog food. A popular dog food brand where I live. Buddy cringed at the dog food. "You will love it!" I pour the dog food into a human food bowl then put it on the ground.

Buddy say in front of it and looked up at me in disgust. I gave an honest smile. Buddy sighed and started eating. I put a water bowl next to the food. After Buddy ate a few pieces of the dog food he drank tons of water making it splash everywhere.

I sighed then yawned. "Better hit the sack.." I said calmly. I dusted off the old dog bed for buddy to sleep on. I then climbed into my bed and pulled the sheets on. Buddy laid uncomfortable on the dog bed.

I started closing my eyes until... CLINK. I open my eyes and see Buddy laying right behind me with his snout in my hair. I giggled and fell asleep.

Next morning~

I open my eyes feeling arms wrapped around my waist. And a face in the face in the back of my hair. My eyes go wide. I sit up quickly and see Owen sleeping. Wait what?!?!?!? I pushed him off the bed quickly.

He fell on the floor. I heard a loud, Thump. I quickly look down from the bed and see Owen holding his head in pain.

"Ouch... hehe." Owen said normally. "S-sorry! You just startled me! And what are you doing in the same bed as me? Wait were you the..."

"Yea... I'm a shape shifter." He said looking up at me in the eye.