22

* Four years later*

Brylee's P.O.V

I walked out of my New York apartment and down the street. I have a car but the traffic is horrible so I don't even bother driving it. I have to get to my studio in less than 10 minutes but I also need to stop and get coffee or I wont make it through the day.

I stop at the corner of my street and walk into Starbucks. I order my regular and wait for my name to be called.

"Brylee"

I walk up the counter and grab my drink and tell the lady thank you. As I start walking out someone grabs my arm and I turn around.

Those eyes, that smell, he went to talk but I turned back around and walk even faster. I haven't seen him since I was 18 years old. I am still hurt, yeah I probably overreacted, but still him and my so called best friend wanted to hurt me.

I moved out of my parents house and to New York a few days after I kicked him out of my house. He tried to stop me from leaving, he even showed up at the airport, but I didn't listen. I changed my number and everything, I couldn't handle being all the calls and messages I got from both of them. I have been in contact with my parents, they are sorry for what they did years ago and plan to come spend time with me this weekend. My art has gotten put in the art gallery and I am making tons off my dream. I even have a clothing line in two stores. I plan to expand but I am not trying to move so fast.

I moved fast once in my life and that got me hurt, I don't want that to happen again. I walk into my studio to Shaylynn sitting at the desk.

"Hey Brylee, you're kind of late honey but I see you got your coffee." She laughed lightly.

"A guy was here earlier to see you but I told him you don't come in until 10:00. So he said he'll be back." She smiled at me and I knew exactly who she was talking about. I turn and go to the back so I can start painting. It's my therapy when I am stressing. I hear Shaylynn greet someone and tell them to go to the back.

He turned the corner and our eyes meet. I hate I still have that same feelings I did all the way back then. I didn't talk to any guys once I got here, I turn them all down. My heart is with him and I hate it.

"Brylee, will you please listen to me. Charlie came into my parlor a week before you did four years ago. She explained her plan to me. I didn't know you and I thought it would be easy to just hurt you. She told me if I didn't help she will accuse me of things I didn't do and her dad is the best lawyer in the state so they would of won, evidence or not.  So I agreed, but once I got to know you I couldn't. I fell for you Bry and I still am to this day."

By this point I am crying, I don't know if I should believe him or not but once he moved closer to me and I looked in his eyes, I knew he was saying the truth. I ignored this boy for four years when I should of listened.

"I love you Ronnie. I am sorry for not listening all them years ago."

One more chapter!