I.

Picture of Shadowrose village - Motovun Croatia. 

„Everyone needs a fresh start in their life,

An adventure that they seek."

-Elizabeth

Elizabeth

Leaving the place you grew up was always hard to think about, and even harder to actually leave it.

I will miss Stockholm.

I will miss its coldness and the people with whom I grew up with, people who over the years became my second family. I will miss the Stortoget – the oldest square in the city – the red and the yellow buildings, and the small coffee shop where I would spend most of my time with my close friends.

I will miss the time when I would explore the secret gardens of the Tantolunden park. The green park that gave me peace and helped me to make my mind clear whenever I needed it.

But most importantly, I will miss my mother, my butler Wilhelm and even my annoying best friend Anastasia. I had never thought that I would have to leave the town that was full of memories, the stupid mistakes that I had made in the past, my University for which I had worked so hard, and flee over 100,000 km to Canada, to my aunt Lena and her husband Louis.

People who knew me all my life would never have thought or even said, that me, Elizabeth Zemerlöw, a 20-year-old girl who never cried was actually crying in front of my friends at a local bar where we would always hang out.

„You better call me, message me and especially send me some postcards," Anastasia cried hysterically against my left ear. She held me so tight that I could bearly breath.

„Let her go, Nia. She is bearly breathing," Jack laughed, taking his glass and drinking the entire vodka in one sip.

Like she didn't even hear a thing he just had said, Anastasia, squeezed me even more into her body. At first, I thought she was just joking about not letting me go, but now it was getting too hard to even breathe. It wasn't as funny as I thought it would be.

I tried to push her away, but there was no way to make her let me go. „Seriously Nia, I can't breath," I sighed.

Realizing that I couldn't breathe anymore, she finally decided to let me go. „I'm sorry, Ell." She hugged me again, but this time, she gave me a hard kiss on the forehead.

„Yeah, she is drunk," I said to the rest of my friends. Anastasia moved away from me and started to eye a blond guy behind us.

„What are you doing?" Chris asked her, but Anastasia being Anastasia, just walked over to the blond guy, clearly not caring that the redhead girl next to him could be his girlfriend.

„She will not remember a thing tomorrow," Hana said.

„I know." I took a sip of my water. „It's such a shame that I will not be here tomorrow to see her face when you will tell her. Actually, do me a favor and record it," I said a little louder.

The music in the bar was getting louder than before. People were dancing like crazy on the dance floor. A lot of men were grinding to the girls asses. Some of them, by some, I mean Anastasia, was on one of the guy's shoulder, screaming to the DJ.

„She is crazy," I said, still looking at her.

I will miss this. I will miss her and her psychotic nature. I will miss my crazy best friend.