12.

„Everybody said that I should run away from you, that you are dangerous.

But I can't.

I'm like a dear running into the wolf's mouth."

- Elizabeth

Elizabeth

Henry's eyes traveled through the coffee shop, searching for a free table to sit until his eyes didn't stop on Nicklaus and me. As he smiled at me, my heart started beating faster, my cheeks turning red.

He approached us, smiling more. He looked more handsome when he smiled. It made him look younger, happier.

„Hi, Elizabeth. How are you?" I almost forgot for a second what he had asked me.

„Hi, Henry. I'm good, you?"

„I'm good too, thanks for asking. See you have company here," He turned to Nicklaus who was looking at him confused.

„I'm Henry," He gave him his hand. Nicklaus still looked at him confused, thinking if he should shake his hand. A few moments later, he decided to shake it.

„It was nice to meet you, I'm Nicklaus Nightclaw," Nicklaus said, squeezing Henry's palm. Henry, on the other hand, didn't even flinch when Nicklaus squeezed his hand with everything he had.

„Do you want to join us?" I suddenly asked. Both of them turned to me, and I wished to disappear. Why did I just ask this?

„I would love to," Henry lets go of Nicklaus's hand, took a chair, and sat close to me as much as possible.

„What are you - ?" Before I could even ask the question, Nicklaus stood up, showing me his phone. „I have to take it. It's urgent," He gave Henry a weird look and walked to the restroom behind us. After he left, I asked Henry my question.

„I had some work here, so I came here for some coffee. I didn't expect to see you here," He said.

The waitress walked to us, asked what he wanted, and as he looked at me, he said that he wanted the same thing I had ordered.

My scar started to hurt, letting a wave of warmness through my body. The waitress nodded and walked back to her station.

„What about you? What are you doing here with your boyfriend?" He leaned on the chair. I played with my fingers, trying to avoid his gaze that made my legs feel like jelly.

„Nicklaus isn't my boyfriend. He is just a friend who helps me with the things I missed in history and English," I could feel some tension in the coffee shop while both of us were waiting for one of us to say something.

„I can help you with that," My eyed widened. In his eyes, a crumb of amusement was placed, and I wasn't sure if those were his real intentions, or he just tried to make fun of me.

„Really?"

„Yeah, I would love to spend some time with you." The waitress returned with his order. Placing it on the table, he said thank you to her and once again, she left us alone.

„Elizabeth," Nicklaus called my name.

„I'm sorry," He said. „I have to meet with my brother, it's urgent," He looked at Henry who was looking him directly in the eyes. What was wrong with them?

„Okay. After I drink this, I will go to the library and return back home with a cab." By the look on his face, he wasn't really pleased that I wanted to go home with a cab.

„We can go to the library and your support group, and after I drop you home, I will meet with Tyler. He can handle it until that."

Before I could even answer him, Henry had answered it for me. „I can take you home. It's not a problem."