11.

„There is no way I can run away from you?

You are like a shadow that is following me through light and dark.

Your eyes follow me everywhere I go."

- Elizabeth

Elizabeth

In the morning, exactly at 10 a.m., Nicklaus showed up with his Audi in front of the house. I'm not happy at all and I didn't plan to hide it.

I waited for him with a frown on my face. He, on the other hand, was a different story. He was laughing like he already knew that I would die in his company.

„Hello, Ell. Are you ready for today?" He opened the door for me, and before I get him, I gave him a sad yes. He chewed a piece of gum for few times, placing his sunglasses.

„If you don't know, you are stuck with me for the whole time. After every class, you will call me or come to me and I will walk with you to your next class," He looked at me with the corner of his eyes as he turned the car on.

„As you say boss, but after University, I have to go to the library. I have something to take care of," When I realized that both of us started laughing, I immediately shut up. I should be mad about this, but next to him, I couldn't stay even If I wanted to, because he was like a clown. A really funny clown.

~ - ~

I didn't expect Nicklaus to be so nice to me, or even less that it would be this fun in his company. He wasn't like that in front of others. That's why I was asking myself why he was acting like a dick in front of others while in front of me, he acted like a totally different person.

The drive to the University was really quiet, sometimes we had joked around, and that made laugh. The best part, he didn't ask me questions about two days ago, maybe he didn't know what had happened and I really wanted to stay it that way. I didn't want to make everyone panic.

The only people that knew were the sheriff, Lena, Louis, Anastasia, me and of course the monster – the way Anastasia had described it.

„What are you thinking about?" He asked as we parked the car int he University parking lot.

„Nothing special," I answered.

„But it looks like it is special," He commented.

„Well, if you have to know, I'm thinking about the support group that I'm going to," I lied. We get out of the car, and after he locked the car, he came to me as I walked to the University and took my hand.

„What are you doing?" Turning to him, I gave him a weird look.

He shrugged. „I don't want anything to happen to you when you are around me." Everyone stared at us. I don't know how I would explain this to Ashley and Kathryn.

„They are staring at us," I bowed my head down, hiding it behind my long hair. I could feel millions of stares on my back as we walked to the main door.

„Let them stare," He waved to a few people with a smile on his face. „What's your first class?"

„Mythology. Yours?"

„Physics."

„Physics?" I laughed. „You don't look like a guy who understands physics."

„Ha ha." Few of the students gave us a weird look as Nicklaus opened the door for me. „I was first at the science fair back in high school."

„Really?" Behind the corner, his group of friends appeared and I immediately lost my smile. I don't like them very much.

They were terrifying, especially the girl with green hair and brown eyes. She stared at me the whole time.