3.

„It's nice to meet new people,
people who hide secrets that I want to discover."

- Elizabeth

Elizabeth

It was almost 10 p.m. when I was finally done with washing dishes and placing them back to their place. Now caring a cup of hot chocolate in my hands and getting ready for some book reading, I walked up to the stairs to my room, and at the same time, I tried not to overhear the conversation between Lena and Louis.

The way Lena left and slammed the door made me remember my mother's and father's fights. I had watched scenes like this my whole life.

Every time when they would fight, he would go out to drink again, and she, well she would pretend as nothing had ever happened. But I didn't. I would sit next to my bed and cry. Through the years I started to realize that they weren't worthy of my tears.

Especially not my father.

„I promise you that I will go the next time and the time after that until you finally give birth to our baby." Standing in the middle of the hallway, I watched through the half-opened door how Louis was approaching Lena.

She was standing in the middle of the room with her arms crossed.

With one arm, he moved her to the right side, showing her scar on the bottom of her neck, while with the other hand he pulled her closer to him.

He leaned his head to her shoulder, taking a deep breath of her smell, leaving a couple of kisses on the scar. In a second, Lena relaxed next to his body and her mood changed in a matter of seconds. She was no longer angry, instead, she was happy again.

She stood like that for a moment before she turned around towards him and cupped his face with her hands.

„You know that I love you?" She asked.

„I know, and I love you too. With all my heart," He pulled her closer to him like he was afraid that she would disappear in thin air.

The cute moment was ruined with my phone vibrating in my left hand. I unlocked it and saw Anastasia's name on the screen.

Are you alive? Go on skype. I'm waiting for you for two hours. – A

Shit. I totally forgot about our deal. I quickly ran to my room, placed the cup on the table, and from my backpack, I took my laptop out and placed it on the table, quickly logging in.

I'm on. – E

I was waiting for her except my call when Ronny entered my room, placing his head on my right knee, begging me with his eyes to play with him.

„Not now Ronny, I promise you that we will play tomorrow," I pat him on the head as he wiggled his tail, still excidet.

„Play, huh? With whom will you play tomorrow?" An unknown female voice made me jump for the second this day.

„Anastasia."

„Got you, right?" She placed her hand over her mouth, trying to cover her smile.

„Yes, you did," I took a deep breath. „I almost shat myself in front of you right now."

She laughed. „I'm so sorry," She may say she was sorry, but both she and I knew it wasn't the truth.

I shook my head. „How are you? How is Sweden? Did I miss something since I'm gone?"

„Wait, wait. Question per question," She waved her hand through the air. „First, I'm so sorry for not giving you a proper goodbye. I was...You know. Drunk," I laughed as she continued. „Second, Sweden is the same beautiful place since you had left it, and your mom said that she will call you in a day or two. And third, what happened between Jack and you, Ell? He insisted that I give him your new phone number." I looked away for a second. Great. Now I have to deal with him too.