5.

„Now I realize that there are more of you,

More of people that I need to be afraid of."

- Elizabeth

Elizabeth

Since the day I had met Nicklaus in my bathroom, and the way he told me goodbye at the end of the hallway, I've always had a feeling that that wasn't our last goodbye. There was always a tiny little devil telling me that we would meet again, but that little devil didn't tell me that I would meet him here, at the Nightclaw University, standing a few steps in front of me with a smirk placed on his lips.

„What are you doing here? Don't tell me you are studying here," He gave me a side glance. I know that he already knew that I was going to University here. I've heard him asking Louis the day we had met.

I smiled, trying not to roll my eyes. „If I wasn't studying here, I wouldn't even be here."

He bit his lower lip, looking back at his friends than at me. „What do you want?" He asked.

„I need to go to the principal office, but I can't find it."

„You could have simply asked me when I was at your house for help. I would gladly be your tour guide," He made a step forward. His eyes turning a shade darker, and I tried not to get awkward in this situation.

„If I wanted your help I would have asked you. Besides, Ashley is already helping me."

„Ashley? Ashley Peterson is helping you?" The blond girl asked. All of them started laughing, including Nicklaus.

„Yes, she is helping me." I made a step forward to her. „Do you have a problem with that?" The blond girl rose her head high in the air and we both glared at each other for a moment before Nicklaus decided to grab my arm and pull me to him.

„Me? Not at all. But just so you know, she used to date Nicklaus. Pardon, she thought she was dating him, but he wasn't interested in her in any way."

„Monica," Nicklaus threw her a death glare. „Shut up."

I pulled my hand away from him, taking a step forward to the blond girl named Monica. I eyed her from head to toe. „It's not necessary to be jealous of a girl who is much kinder than you ever would be."

Everyone turned quiet, and Monica's eyes traveled to my neck. She stared at my necklace, then turned to the rest of her friends with her eyes widen. I looked at her confused, but I decided to shake it off and I started walking away from them.

„I'm sorry for bothering you. I will find the office by myself."

~ - ~

„Soo, Miss. Elizabeth, you come from Sweden?" The principal asked me, and I nodded. He moved my paper away from his face, slowly placing his glasses on the table too.

„Yes, but my mum is from here," I smiled at him, even if my thoughts traveled to Nicklaus and Ashley. They were my only thought. I can't believe they were actually dating.

„Miss. Elizabeth?" The principal brought me back to reality. Shaking my head, I apologized for my behavior.

He smiled. „It's okay. It's difficult to get used to this place."

„Yeah," I bit my lower lip. „I have a little help from Ashley Peterson. She helps me to get to know the place."

„I know Miss. Peterson. She is a really good student. You found a good friend here," He stood up from his desk, and walking around his office, he finally stood in front of the portrait. The portrait was similar to the one I saw in the library.