Ch. 7: The Shadows

(Y/n) was back in her dream world. Nothing had seriously changed. She had picked up where she left off, at the bottom of the cliff with a large pool of water near by. All the land on the opposite side of the cliff continued on as hiss of rocks once more. She continued walking with a lantern in hand, still not sure where she was heading.

Often times (Y/n) would glance down at her bandaged hand that Sean wrapped up before she fell asleep. In the dream it didn't hurt, or feel sore. It just plainly existed.

Her thoughts shifted from her hand to her past experience with Darkiplier. They saved each others lives technically.. He didn't try to harm or trick her after waking up. His actions were questionable. What was he up to that he didn't do anything?

The wind began to pick up once more, as if a storm was coming. Clouds quickly rolled in coving the moon, darkening the landscape before her.

"Great. It's going to rain and there's no cover." She thought.

Without warning rocks began to grind and crumble behind her. She turned to see it morphing up and over her an umbrella like fashion.

"What the fuck.."

The realization that it was a dream. (Y/n) wondered though if it was really that easy to make events like this occur.

The rain began to fall on the odd landscape creating a beautiful sound as it hit the rocks. She sat against the rock with the lamp in front of her and watched what she could. Once in a while lightning would illuminate the sky and ground below.

While lost in her thoughts a voice began calling out. "Fuck, Fuck, Fucking rain." In an angry tone.

It sounded like Dark, but not specifically his mannerisms. She stood up with the lantern and walked to the edge of cover, looking around for this person. "Hello?"

"Hey! Oh my gosh!" The voice grew closer, as well as the sound of rocks moving as they walked across them.

Mark's face came into view from the lantern. He was completely soaked from the rain.

"How the fuck—" (Y/n) cursed. "Dark, what are you doing here?"

"It's Mark."

"I'm my dream?"

"You mean, my dream?"

"Did Dark put you up to this? You need to leave. Now." She demanded.

He held his hands up in defense. "Woah, wait you have it all wrong. I don't know why I'm here either."

"I don't care. I know you know about the pure heart."

"So? What does that have to do with anything?"

"The only way Dark gets what he wants is if you kill me."

"And why the hell would I kill you?"

"Because killing me gets rid of him, and if you hate him as much as Sean hates Anti, I-I can't trust you."

Mark stood in place, not knowing how to really answer. She was right, he HATED Dark with a passion, and she had no good reason not to trust him.

"Okay, (Y/n). I understand." He held his arm. "I'll go back out. There's probably cover somewhere else."

(Y/n) felt awful watching him. He was stuck in a situation that he never wanted to be in. The fear of being hurt, or hurting him stayed with her. If Anti could get hurt in her dream, why couldn't anyone else?

He turned to walk away but felt a weight on his ankles, followed by clanking of metal. "What the?"

"You can stay, but over there."