Ch. 31: And I Lost

"And you're sure this is what your want?" Die asked Anti.

"Absolutely."

Die sighed heavily. "Very well, just let me know when you're ready. I'll be nearby."

_____________________________________

It had been two weeks since Dark was sealed away in Mark's body. Mark had since then returned home to L.A. and explained what had happened to his friends and family.

(Y/n) was bad ridden for those two weeks. She was finally able to go home. The only problem being her flight schedule. The earliest flight she could get was the next morning. Mark had agreed to meet her at the airport and take her home. He also planned on keeping an eye on her during her recovery.

Until then Sean and Anti enjoyed the remainder of the time they had with her.

Sean walked into his home with a bag of hers over his shoulder. Inside it contained her belongings from the hospital and medicine for her wound.

"Sean, I could have carried that." (Y/n) laughed while closing the door behind them.

"Oh no, you can't. Doctors orders. You can't lift more than five pounds at a time.

"I think I'm doing a lot better than everyone wants to believe."

"We can never be too careful, y'know, lass?"

She sighed, "I guess so."

(Y/n) walked into the living room to see it was practically untouched by the events that had taken place weeks prior. She was generally confused as to why it was still such a mess. Sean picked up on her confused expression immediately.

"I didn't have time." He laughed.

"Oh! No, I'm not—"

"I know yer not. Between catching up on videos and spending time at the hospital I put it on the back burner. Figured when you leave I'll clean it all up."

"Let me help you clean it up now."

"No! Absolutely not! It's yer last day here, I want it to be fun, memorable, not wasted cleaning up my old house." He wagged his finger at her.

"I mean as long as we're hanging out, I can care less." She held her arm as her shyness began to kick in.

"We'll have plenty of time to clean together over the summer, don't you worry. Fer now, let's get you clean. Ye smell awful." He joked.

"Very funny, but I could use a shower."

"Great, do ye need anything? Do ye remember where the towels are? Are ye okay be yourself?"

"Sean, relax, I'm fine. I just have to watch my stitches."

"Alright, well, I'll make ye some tea, how about that?"

"That sounds great to me." She smiled and began to make her way up the steps.

As soon as Sean heard the bathroom door shut he sighed in relief while a wave of sadness took over.

"Do we have to do this?" He asked Anti.

"You and I talked about this, and we agreed it's what's best."

"I know, but she doesn't—she doesn't deserve this."

"She didn't deserve a lot of things. Mark's going to keep an eye on her. So is Die." Anti paused. "Now quit yer complaining and make the damn tea."

Sean rolled his eyes as he began to fill up the kettle. He had to put on a brave face for (Y/n). She was good at noticing hidden emotions. It would take a good balance of staying "normal", because one false move and it was all over.