Ch. 29: Please, take my hand...

Die turned a corner abruptly, then stopped to smell the air. He and Sean were at the edge of the city. This is where Dark's blood had led them.

Sean tapped Die on the shoulder and pointed out to the wooded area ahead of them. It was apparent that fighting had taken place.

Tree branches were snapped like toothpicks and left on the ground. The dirt was pushed up and moved.

Die squinted his eyes and saw an object yards away that looked flesh-like. He hoped that it wasn't Anti or Dark.

"What's up?" Sean noticed his gaze.

"There's something over there, come on."

He ran across the street and towards the trees. The object became clearer. It wasn't a person but part of a person.

Die covered his mouth in utter shock.

Sean wrinkled his brow in confusion. "What the hell is that?"

The flesh-like ligament was long and thick-skinned.

"It's Dark's wing...One of them anyway.." The blue-eyed demon kicked the still-warm flesh lightly. 

"His wing? What the hell happened to it?"

Die moved closer to the dead flesh and looked at it noticing bite marks and scratch marks. "Anti got ahold of him. He bit him right in the stem. There stretch and stress marks which means he had to have pulled it off."

Sean whistled in amazement. "That had to hurt."

"It didn't tickle."

"So that means they're close, right?"

Die bent down and touched the blood. "This blood is fresh, which means they're nearby, but I can't hear anything. Anti could have blurred them somewhere else."

"Well, let's hope not. We have to save Dark's body."

"(Y/n) is running out of time too." Die moved forward into the woods.

"Wait, what?!" Sean rushed to him, catching up.

"He's using energy straight from her soul. If the soul comes back to damaged she might not be strong enough to stay alive. We've discussed this before."

"No, you and ANTI discussed this before!"

"Either way we have to work fast."

____________________________________

"Come out, come out where ever you are!" Anti lightly sang.

Dark was hurt, the worst he's been in a while. Never did he think that that Anti would be the one to cause this kind of damage, especially after he had just gained so much power. When it came down to it though it didn't matter. The power of the pure heart was far more intense than just taking over a body.

At this rate, he would die, but he wondered why Anti hadn't finished him off yet.

Dark leaned against a tree trying to make sure his breathing wasn't too loud. He still felt weak and useless without one of his wings. The damage stopped him from retracting them into his back, forcing him to drag the other around.

The last thing he was going to do though was give up.

"I can smell yer fear."

Those words struck a chord making him step out of hiding.

"I am many things, but I am not afraid, especially of you."

"Ready to die?"

"Not as ready as you are."