Ch. 13: Into the Woods

(Y/n) took a deep breath as she stared at her self in the mirror. Susan was putting the last adjustments on the dress she was wearing. It seemed to be a in a better condition than many of the other dresses that were hung up in the dressing room.

"What's so special about this dress?"

Susan picked up the veil and began to pin it to her hair. "What do you mean darling?"

"It's so- pretty. Practically new."

Susan smiled. "Well, it's a special dress. I don't bring it out for all the weddings we do. Just the real stuff."

"The real stuff, as in Mark and I's story?"

"You two sound just like Bobby and I."

(Y/n) turned slightly, "Bobby?"

"Mr. O'pollo. He was studying abroad at my university and tried to impress me because he's American. It didn't work." Susan chuckled. "But, after I denied him 10 times for a date, I took him up on his 11th offer. Fell in love that night. He decided to stay, but his family was not happy about his choice. So, he cut them off. Move in with me. The rest is history."

"Now you two had a tattoo shop and a church all in one." (Y/n) laughed. "I mean, if you're happy, why not?"

"You have to follow your heart, dear. It has all the answers."

(Y/n) took her words and let them settle in her mind. She didn't speak another word after that. Following her heart at this point, isn't an option. It hadn't been an option from the beginning.

"Well, I think you're about ready to go. What do you think?"

(Y/n) stood up on her better leg and looked at herself in the mirror, the mermaid styled dress followed by the curly one sided hair made her feel pretty, but at the same time, empty.

She took one crutch under arm for support to walk down the isle. Until then though she stood behind a closed glass door with a fancy design that blurred everything on the other side.

"I'm sorry, Sean.." She thought to herself. "I'm sorry, Contrarium.."

_______________________-

Anti stopped suddenly as he walked down a street. He felt his heart, or their heart, skip a beat. He held his chest and looked around him briefly.

"Didja just feel that?"

"I-I did.." Sean answered. "I don't know what it was, but it felt like-"

"(Y/n).." Anti finished.

He took a few moments to think, then picked up a smell.

"I know where she's at." He paused. "Oh no.."

"What?! Where is she?"

"I'm gonna kill'er."

_________________________

The glass doors opened and the popular wedding tune Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring began to play. Mark stood at the end of the chapel holding his hands in front of him. He had a smile on his face, that she knew was less than real, but everything had to be fake in this moment.

He knew one thing though, that he wouldn't let her feel alone in this moment. She walked down slowly with a crutch under her arm and flowers in her hand. She reached the end and handed off the stilt to Susan.

The two faced one another, and took each others hands.

"You look beautiful, (Y/n)." He smiled a little more. "Everything's going to be fine. I'm scared too."