Seven

"How the hell are we going to find someone as good behind the wheel as Hans?" Shawn asked

good behind the wheel as Hans?" Shawn asked.

"The Death Run isn't just some ordinary Racing League. It's called The Death Run for a very good reason. I've got experience behind the wheel, so do you. So I think we don't really need to find one." She replied, frustrated.

"We need someone good on tarmac, dirt, ice, everything..." She added.

"We have to find one. End of discussion. We need to bring someone in who is a world class driver." Shawn suggested.

"Seriously, Shawn. We don't need them..."

"No, it's a very risky thing. Death Run? You know they don't give a shit when you're hurt or even when you die. You are my friend. I can't risk that." Shawn denied.

"But..."

"I'm going to find a driver. Please..."

Manchester, England

Black clouds sprawled across the sky, billowing in from the west

Black clouds sprawled across the sky, billowing in from the west. Their brassy glare drains colour from houses and trees and burnished cars in driveways, leaving neighbourhoods tinted bronze in the faltering light. The air grew heavy and the humidity pressed down, suffocating. The scent of rain is dark and heady. A stillness falls over the street, and in the silence comes a low crackle of thunder, rolling across rooftops to the pattering of tiny raindrops. For a moment, everything stops. Even the wind holds its breath. A streak of hot silver splits the sky, and the downpour begins.

Alex threw as much clothes as he could into his bag. Slowly and quietly, he tiptoed out of his room, down the spiral staircase of his house. The squeaking sound of the floor could match up to the loud thunderstorm that's happening outside. Quietly and effortlessly, he unlocked the door and ran out towards his Ferrari 488.

The V8 roared to life as he slammed on the throttle. The soon-to-be Ferrari driver had become desperate. He needed to find a solution to his financial breakdown. He had got a solution, sort of. But he was unsure. His career, and probably his life was at stake. But he had nothing to lose. His life was in jeopardy.