Fifteen

"Safety car start, Adam

"Safety car start, Adam..." Andrew radioed in as the Safety car led the 20 cars around the track. Adam, throughout the couple of laps, stood out of the slipstream of Kimi in front of him due to the spray coming off the rear of the Ferrari.

"Visibility zero, man." Adam updated on the state of the track.

"Can we race in these conditions?" Andrew asked.

"If we have to, I can. But I'll have to be really cautious and slow to prevent anything stupid."

Laps later, the final decision was made. The crowd were on their feet and cheering as the safety car peeled off into the pit lane as the green flag was waved around the track. The cars came zooming down the Senna S's.

"Down the inside goes Sebastian Vettel, can he make the move without contact...? Oh they've touched, Sebastian spins into the barriers!!"
Martin Brundle yelled as Valtteri Bottas took the lead of the grand prix, closely followed by Kimi Raikkonen, Adam Ramsey and Max Verstappen.

"Seb's's out of the race, Adam. Ayden's pace is dropping. Let's push, Kimi and Valtteri is less than 3 seconds ahead of you." Andrew spurred on.

Adam did his best to close the gap, but there was only one person he was worried about.

"Verstappen is all over the Number 15 Mercedes! Took a good look on the inside, and thought twice about it." Crofty shouted as Adam dropped back from the top 2, battling Max and slowly his former teammate, Esteban Ocon in the Force India.

Lap after lap, Adam realised the Ferrari and the number 77 Mercedes disappeared from the horizon as the pink Force India and the navy blue Red Bull got closer and closer. "Can I get more power? Fuel? Anything at all..." Adam begged.

"This is all we have, Ad. We might not finish the race with faster set ups." Andrew advised.

In the Red Bull car behind him, things were also hotting up for the Dutch driver. "I can't find a way pass him." Max complained.

"Understood, Max. Force him into a mistake. Get your head down..." Christian Horner replied.

However, nothing changed. By the first round of pitstops, only 16 drivers were left in the race due to the unforgiving conditions.

"Okay it's raining too much, I'm losing so much traction, I need full wets, repeat, these inters have to come off." Adam spoke in to the radio with 15 laps to go.

"Copy Adam, box this lap, Max is on a similar strategy. Open up the gap, we don't want to be passed in the pits."

Less than a minute later, Adam and Max swerved into the pits, fitting full wets and coming out with Adam ahead.

"Okay, what position am I in now?" Adam enquired as he exited the pitlane.

"P15, Adam, ahead of only Max, I'm sorry."