Twenty

The adrenaline flooded Adam's system like an intravenous drip - right into his blood at full pelt. He thought his heart would explode and his eyes were wide, letting in every ounce of the fading light.

"Come on, come on" Adam repeatedly told himself in the car, catching up the car ahead of him. The fans were on their feet as the two teammates exited Turn 11 of the famous Hungarian track.

"Side by side goes the two teammates down the straight and... Oh, my they touched! Adam's sent flying into the barriers, as Alexander takes the lead of the Hungarian GP!"

Adam sat powerlessly in the car, flipping around in the air, bracing himself before smashing into the barriers at nearly 150kph.

Adam woke suddenly, every thought in high definition. His eyes took in every ray of light and without a doubt, he knew he'd slept too long.

Though his eyes were open he couldn't think of why; his heart was pounding, mind empty. As if a vial of adrenaline had been emptied into his veins. Adam got up and went to the fridge first thing and grabbed a drink. Adam opened the door to his room and noticed his bed already kept clean. Wasting no time, he changed and left his apartment...

Surfers Paradise Beach

"Hey! What are you doing here?" Sara voiced out, stepping down from her surfboard just at the shoreline

"Busy day?" Adam asked, hands in his pocket.

"Yeah, just did our usual run. Nothing special..." Sara replied, staring out at the beach.

"Looks like you're getting better..." Adam complimented. Sara smiled, looking down onto the golden sand.

"Nah... Still a rookie to these guys." Sara pointed to a group of surfers, bunched up a distance away.

"You know, I'll pick you up after you're done... Dinner after that maybe?"