Eleven

Spielberg, Austria

Ayden, in his all new Red Bull Racing shirt, entered the press conference room. Behind him was Adam being called in two times on the roll. "Chill, it's his first press conference. Let's see him drive, then we'll talk." Max reminded.

"First part of the pre-race driver's press conference

"First part of the pre-race driver's press conference. We have Max Verstappen and Ayden Storm from Red Bull Racing and Adam from Mercedes." Max was sitting in the center, separating Adam and Ayden.

"Let's start with Ayden. Welcome to Formula 1, rather a short and quick route to the sport, what are your thoughts on the criticism and displeasure the fans have shown since announcing your signing?"

"Thank you. And they haven't seen me on the track yet. So it's ideal for them to keep their mouth shut." Ayden replied, making some of the reporters laugh.

"Mate, is not your ability to drive that pisses off everyone. It's how you got here..."

"Adam...???" Max whispered in the corner of his mouth, trying to remind him of what he said before the press conference.

"Imagine thousands of young drivers there watching F1 and they saw you just appearing from god knows where and join one of the top teams? Think about it..." Adam added, leaning back and folding his arms.

Ayden then kept quiet. "On to you Adam. Thoughts on the move?"

"I'm gonna miss Daniel, you know. But I respect his decision, he wants more tail-happy racing and wants to try more motorsports and now he's made the switch to sportscars. I feel happy for him, but what makes me not so happy is his so-called replacement. And honestly speaking, Dan's more of a threat to me than this guy over here. No racing experience, that's one less problem." Adam boasted. Adam went into the Grand Prix feeling good about himself, but all was going wrong for him that particular race.

"Ayden Storm takes his first pole of the season, a healthy 5 tenths off Adam Ramsey, who he claims to be his rival for the season..." David Croft ran through the driver's line up. Ayden wore his gloves and placed his crash helmet over his head.

"You're provisionally on the same strategy as Adam. Be careful, his race pace is blindingly quick." Ayden's race engineer reminded.

"Don't worry... I got it all covered." Ayden replied before he mechanics placed his seatbelts on. The Brit glanced to his rear view mirror and saw the number 15 Mercedes to his right.

"You want a fight? Now you got one..." Ayden mouthed to himself as he led the pack out on a formation lap.

"Front tyres are cold. Heat them up." Andrew updated as Adam perilously weaved his car left and right, slamming onto the brakes every corner burning the tyres.