Twenty-Three

2 weeks later, Sonoma Raceway

"Look at my little girl... one day you'll be big and strong enough to drive this..." Adam pointed to his car, carrying Victoria in his arms.

"What...?! No ... Seeing you do this is already so frightening, what more when Vicki races?" Sara joked.

"Hey don't mind her Vicki, dad's not gonna hold you back okay, you can do whatever you want. It's your mum's job to worry for no reason!" Adam said, barely containing a laughter.

Sara face-palmed loud enough for most of the garage to hear.

"Sorry, Ms. Scott, but we're going to start the car now, it's best you take the little one inside, noise levels can be over a hundred decibels when the engine starts." One of the mechanics told Sara.

Adam walked over to Sara to escort her to the viewing area behind the garage.

He opened his mouth to say something, but

Sara's kiss stole the words away. In that moment, the duo felt the spark of love that existed between them.

One kiss and he had the courage to take on anything in the world.

James handed over his pink and green helmet. "Stay safe, man. Your safety first, then the championship." James warned. Adam gave the most uncertain nod towards his race engineer.

He'd always been famous for driving on the absolute limit. The razor-thin line between triumph and catastrophe.

F1, V8S, Indy, GP2, F3, Karting, every time, every race, he'd been on the limit.

But now he had to cut back on that. He had a family, he had someone to go home to, someone to wait up till midnight everytime he had to stay late working with the engineers. And then there was Vicki. His daughter. She meant more to him than any trophy he'd ever won.

Adam slowly slipped into his car as the mechanics aided him in buckling his seatbelts.

"All the best, son. You've already done so well this season." Roger Penske said as he walked over to Adam. "Now let's get that trophy!"

"Championship leader, James Hinchcliffe will be starting in fourth place, with his rival Adam Ramsey in sixth, just 2 points away from the Canadian in the championship table. All Adam has to do is outscore James, and the title is his." The commentators briefed as the pace car led the 30 cars around the track for the final time this season.

Adam was endlessly weaving his car left and right, slamming on the brakes, heating up every necessary components on the car before the green flag was waved to signal the start of the race

Adam was endlessly weaving his car left and right, slamming on the brakes, heating up every necessary components on the car before the green flag was waved to signal the start of the race. The pack zoomed past the straight, charging towards the first turn. Adam had a perfect slipstream, passing Rossi heading into Turn 1.

"Adam goes right around the outside to pass Alexander Rossi! Can he do it on Hinchcliffe as well? No... Just inches away."

Sara had her eyes glued to the monitors as Adam went wheel to wheel with James Hinchcliffe.