Ten

The green lights were on, signifying the start of the second qualifying session, Adam's first in Paul Ricard.

"We know it's your first qualy here, and also for a lot others on the grid. So the expectations are still up there...." Andrew reminded.

"Of course..." Adam replied, weaving about and warming up his tyres before crossing the line to begin his flying lap.

Adam threw the car into the S de la Verreríe. There were numerous high-speed and twisty corners. Downforce played the biggest role around the track closely followed by engine power through the two Mistral straights.

Essex

Elliot, Shawn and Elena was sitting in front of the 57" flatscreen television, with SkySports F1 on, watching their driver taking on the qualifying session

Elliot, Shawn and Elena was sitting in front of the 57" flatscreen television, with SkySports F1 on, watching their driver taking on the qualifying session. "Across the line goes Adam. P1. Neat, tidy lap from the young man." Crofty reported before the chequered flag was waved.

"See? Still doubting?" Shawn looked smug as he pointed towards the top of the timesheet.

"Still too early, Shawn..." Elena replied, still unconvinced.

They stuck around till qualifying 3 as Adam and Sebastian were fighting for pole position in the dying moments of the session. "Vettel's on provision pole! What a lap from the German! But can anyone from Mercedes or even the Red Bull can challenge the Ferrari? Woah, there goes Adam! 4 tenths quicker! What a lap! Sebastian Vettel got his pole position stolen away by Adam Ramsey."

Shawn then jumped out of his couch with pure euphoria, jumping up and down, punching the sky.

"Take that! Take that!!" He screamed to the television, as if anyone there in France could hear him.

"P1, astonishing! Well done, mate!" Andrew congratulated.

"Yea, yea, yea!!! Woo-hoo!!! Yeah! Thanks guys! Loving the setup this weekend." Adam replied on the cooldown lap. Adam knew this was just qualifying, but he was happy, knowing he's got the momentum heading into the race tomorrow.

Mercedes Motorhome