Nine

7 days later...

"Ready for the big reveal?" Shawn asked excitedly. Adam stared at the silhouette of his lotus, wrapped in a black sheet.

"Ready as I'll ever be, you guys took a lot longer than you initially said." Adam replied with his arms wrapped around Sara. Slowly, Shawn pulled the sheet down to reveal what appeared to be a......... Lotus.

"It looks like you haven't touched it

"It looks like you haven't touched it..." Adam voiced out, confused.

"Or have I?" Shawn then opened the doors of the Lotus, and Adam's jaw dropped. The dashboard had been retrofitted with buttons and switches, and a brand new, Formula-style racing wheel.

"Let me run through everything. First and foremost, this car weighs slightly more than usual, thanks to the reinforced chassis, capable of resisting heavy impact. But in compensation, the 3.5 litre V6 now produces over 250 additional hp. It's no longer your stock V6, we've swapped out several components, only the basic design remains untouched. Top speed, 350kph. But that's not what matters.  Fine tuned gear ratios and a new supercharger pushes this beast from 0-100km/h in 2.8 seconds. The gearbox has been replaced in favour of a motorsports-inspired sequential manual transmission. You'll still have a clutch pedal, but you'll only need to use for starts and stops. You can shift without using it. The new transmission is equipped with straight cut gears to save weight and to improve efficiency. These also handle the massive power better. Straight cut gears mean more noise, as you probably know, so subtlety isn't this one's strong suit.We've also enlarged the fuel tank. It's gonna be a long-distance race."

Adam climbed into the carbon Recaro bucket seat, placing his hands on the wheel.

"These buttons on the wheel, what's it for? A missile, I reckon?" Adam asked sarcastically

"Seriously, Adam. The red button on the top left is the EMP mine, disables the electronics any vehicle who hits it for a good 5 seconds. You've got six shots.  The one below it activates the gas spray, almost every car has that in the Death Run..."