Five

The torrential rain eventually came to a stop as the drivers were about to head out for the driver's parade.

Adam stood next to Lance while waiting for his ride around the circuit. "So how ya' feeling? I've done my home race. Let's see how you'll do..." Lance giggled. Adam however kept a serious look on his face.

 Adam however kept a serious look on his face

"For the first time, I'm quite nervous. Like, I've never raced here before. With the weather like this, I don't know if I can cope with this kind of shit." Adam stammered.

"Mate, you're not the only one. It's my first time here too... and Stoffel. Don't worry. We're in the same boat." Soon afterwards they hopped into the classic cars that would take them around the Singapore street circuit. While forcing a smile, Adam waved towards all the supporters in every stand he drove past. Some werr even chanting his name over and over again.

After the driver's parade, Adam went to his changing room and got changed into his race uniform. Shortly after getting suited up Adam headed into the pink Force India and drove in onto its grid position. "Does it look like it's gonna rain?" Adam asked as he looked up into the sky.

"We can see clouds. But there's no sign of rain in the radar." Bradley replied as he removed his headphones and placed it around his neck. Together, Bradley and Adam went through the plans and strategy for the upcoming 61 hectic laps. Adam then plugged his earphones into both of his ears and blasted soothing music to calm his nerves down, loud enough to make Adam unconscious of his surroundings. Sitting down, leaning against the concrete wall on the main straight, Adam closed his eyes and nodded his head to the beat of the music.

A slight pat on the shoulder slowly brought Adam out of his peace as he noticed Sara there, holding her headphones with her spectacles on, pointing towards the front of the grid. With the music still blasting in his ears, Adam could only see the mouthing of Sara's lips. Pulling his earphones out,

"The national anthem is gonna play soon. You gotta be there like... now?" Sara exclaimed. Adam got off his bottom and scampered off to the front. As the national anthem was being played, Adam instantly recalled the times in school where he had to sing this every morning of a school day. He was pulled into flashback to where it all started. Bullying in school, karting, his family, the Formula 3 championship, GP2 and of course, Emilia.

Adam's eyes fought back years as he tried to maintain his focus. This was a circuit which demanded one hundred percent focus, any mistakes and the TecPro barriers would be waiting.

 This was a circuit which demanded one hundred percent focus, any mistakes and the TecPro barriers would be waiting