Chapter 19

"Chysolite!" Kai shouted, entering the bedroom and slamming the door against the wall as she entered.

She heard a yelp that was definitely not her lover and paused realizing who it was. "Mother?" She questioned.

"By the Gods Kai, what has you so riled up?" Akeno asked, settling back down on the red couch tucked against the wall. There was a glass set on the coffee table in front of her.

Kai's room was very opened compared to everyone else's. She had asked that everything be pushed to the sides of her room, so she wouldn't bump into things. A single bell was set up in the middle of the room, so when rung she could "see" the room around her.

"What are you doing here?" Kai asked.

"Chysolite called us here." Akeno answered.

"Us?" Kai asked.

"Indeed." Peredite smiled, seated beside Akeno. Her tail hung off the couch but it's tip was flicking slightly, like she was listening to a beat.

"Alright, you both-" Chysolite entered from the bathroom them paused seeing Kai. "Is everything okay?"

"Why did you call them here?" Kai asked.

"To talk about you." Chysolite muttered.

"What about me?!" Kai snapped.

Chysolite looked over at Akeno. "She should be allowed to know, don't you think?"

Akeno sighed but nodded. "She's plenty old enough to know."

"Is this about Ragnarok still being alive? Dragoon explained we know who and where he is but she wouldn't tell me." Kai noted.

Chysolite blinked. "Well that made things easier."

"Who is the real Ragnarok?" Kai asked.

"We shouldn't have to tell you if your already aware of the fact they're still alive." Peredite smiled, crossing her legs and placing her hands on her knee.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, Ragnarok is living in the castle with us." Peredite continued.

"Be more straight forward sis jeez!" Chysolite groaned.

"For the love of... Kai dear, do you know the name of the Seal placed on Dragoon?" Akeno asked.

"Glepnir."

"What was it used for in Ancient Norse?"

"It was the name of the ribbon used to tie up Fenrir and postpone Ragnarok." Kai answered.

"The Glepnir used to bind Fenrir is one of three." Akeno explained. "Fenrir is still bound to this day by the first, and Nyx is in possession of the second as a gift from Freya."

"And the third?"

"It was used in binding Dragoon into the Sword of Destruction." Peredite added. "Come have a seat sweetie."

Kai closed the door behind her and made her way over to the coffee table where she knelt in front of her mother and listened patiently. Chysolite came over and sat beside her.

"Dragoon was powerful, the most powerful being Elysium and the True Gods had ever encountered, and one not made by either of them."

"But isn't she a Fragment of Elysium?" Kai questioned.

"She is now, but wasn't always. She was the first outsider to join them." Chysolite nodded, taking Kai's hand. Kai tightened her grip on her lover's hand as if daring her to pull away.