12.

His mother sat in front of him in the reclining chair, she looked more terrifying than ever in his eyes.
"Do you want to tell me who that was?" She asked calmly.
Samuel looked at the the ground. "That was Charles."
His mom poked him on the shoulder "lift up your head. Who's Charles?"
"Charles." He started. "He's my- boyfriend." He said, his voice breaking.
He looked up at him mom who was slowly nodding.
"Do you love Charles?" She asked.
"Yeah- yeah I- I think I do." He said more confidently.
"I'm not mad Samuel if that's what you thought. I- I just want to protect you."
Samuel didn't quite understand what she met?
"From what?"
She put his hand on his shoulder. "Falling in love is a terribly tragic thing and falling out is the hardest thing you'll go through. I just want you to make sure you actually love this person."
Samuel nodded, biting his lip, holding back tears.
"So how long has this been doing on?"
She asked.
"Not very long mom and I didn't go to school today, I'm so sorry."
"I know, they called me and they also told me something-" she paused and he looked at her.
"I want you to be careful because he said that well- things are circulating around about you. I'm not sure what but there's rumors."
Samuel nodded "I'd expect so. It's school."
His mom nodded "as long as you know. Thank you for telling the truth. I'm not going to look at you any differently after this."
Samuel wiped his eyes that were welling with tears and he smiled.
"Thank you mom." He said starting to get up off the chair.
"I love you Sammy." She said
"I love you too mom." He replied as he walked up the stairs.

Short chapter sorry but there'll be more very soon. Meantime, add me on Snapchat, I need friends @/ supitsbailey.x