18.

Charles came to school the next day with a sling on his arm and crutches.
"Who took you to the doctor?" Sam asked.
Charles said it was his grandma because his mother refused.
It was crazy really, Samuel never met Charles' mother and he never really judged people without meeting them but, he could safely say that he hated Charles' mother and father both deeply.
Charles had reason to be sad, he had reason to want to run away or die because he had an awful family life. He'd offered Charles to stay at his house, even asked his mom, who was okay with it, but Charles always refused.
Maybe he was trying to prove he was strong or something but Samuel hated the fact that Charles lived with his mom.
Samual was sitting at lunch besides Charles when something got thrown at them from behind. It was nothing but a grape but apparently enough to set Charles off.
Charles immediately stood up on his bad leg and all while Samuel pleaded for him to sit.
Charles walked back there and stood face to face with Alex. Alex laughed in Charles' face.
"What are you gonna do about it?" Alex mocked.
Charles' stood there unphased, he just stared Alex down.
"Hit me! Do it! I dare-"
Charles took the dare. Faster than Samuel could comprehend, Alex was laying smack down in the middle of the cafeteria floor and everyone seemed to hold their breath at the exact same time.
"I'm doing it!" Charles screamed over and over as he pinned down Alex and hit him in the face. Kids yelled but Alex yelling, "Get off me!" Was heard over all.
A teacher came running over and pulled Charles off of Alex and gave him a dirty look before yanking his arm and pulling him to the office.
Samuel quietly put his head down as all of Alex's friends screamed at him from behind as a teacher was already lifting Alex off his feet and taking him to the office as well.
That was at least a three day suspension Samuel thought. Looked like he was missing school with Charles for three days because he had no other friends and wouldn't embarrass himself at school.
Samuel looked over at Charles crutches that lay against the wall and wondered if he'd come back to get them. Right when he thought that, the teacher that before dragged him away grabbed his crutches and walked away with them.
Samuel quietly ate his salad and everyone else continued on with their day normally.
At the end of the day, Samuel went to the field and waited to see if Charles would come.
He waited almost half a hour and Charles still hadn't arrived so he laid down with his hands behind his head and closed his eyes, falling asleep.
He awoke with a shake a bit later. He opened his eyes quickly and saw Charles kneeling beside him.
"Did you see that at school?" He asked excitedly with a smile.
"I don't think there was someone that didn't." Samuel said, his voice groggy.
"Guess what? I didn't get suspended because Alex started it." Charles said.
"Really?" I asked curiously.
"I know right I would've suspended me! I messed up Alex bad. I don't think they'll be messing with us anymore." Charles said quickly.
"Why are you here so late?" Samuel asked looking at the dim skylight.
"I had after school detention, only for today though." Charles said as he laid on his back beside Samuel.
Samuel laid on his side listening to Charles ramble on about his day but Samuel wasn't listening. He just simply liked to watch Charles talk and more. He like the excitement gleaming off of Charles when he was happy and his smile. Oh god, Charles smile could kill.
Samuel nodded along as Charles talked but it got boring after a while. Samuel fell asleep again.
Charles noticed after a few minutes. He was sad to have nobody to talk to about the rest but if he was tired he was tired. He inched closer to Samuel and wrapped his arm around him. He kissed him on the forehead and told him goodnight as they fell asleep together, under the stars.