14

The bullying died down a few weeks after, but it was apparent that Charles status definitely decreased in the school. Samuel was already the lowest of the low but now he was almost completely outcasted. There was still a few clueless people that asked what happened or didn't even know. Charles and Samuel stuck together most of the time now unlike when Charles had other friends. A few still talked to him. Not many.
There was a pep rally today that they were forced to attend but it just made Charles more depressed. He used to be involved in this, people joked around and he did stuff for the school but he quit all sports, became outcasted and now was sitting with his smiling boyfriend on the bleachers. Samuel rubbed the back of Charles hand as Charles sat slouched over with his head in one hand.
"Why so sad?" Samuel asked calmly.
"It's nothing, just a sad day I guess." Charles said not looking over at Samuel.
Samuel nodded and rested his head on Charles shoulder. "Do you wanna come over?" Samuel asked still laying his head on the other's shoulder.
"Maybe." Charles said a few seconds later.
"I love you." Samuel whispered.
"we're gonna get caught for PDA." Charles snapped, aggravated.
Samuel lifted his head and don't say anything else.
After the rally, Charles and Samuel both left, they didn't say a word to one another. Samuel thought about it. He didn't know what he'd done wrong. He thought about it all the way as he walked home but it didn't really effect him emotionally because he honestly knew, something deeper down was troubling Charles. The only thing effecting him was the pouring rain on him so he put his jacket over his head.
When he got home he threw his book bag to the side, greeted his mom and went upstairs. He sat on his bed and stared blankly at the wall. This only lasted a few minutes as he realized how strange he would look if someone were to walk in. He grabbed his sketchbook and a wooden pencil.
He looked around his room for inspiration, what to draw. His eyes caught the colorful fake flowers that sat in his window.
He sketched out the simple shapes and slowly got more detailed. He was looking at every small detail and drawing it precisely. Then, breaking his concentration, the door opened slowly.
Charles stood there. He was drenched in water, wearing only a grey tee shirt stuck to his body from the water and soaking wet blue jeans. His face was bright red and his wet hair fell over one of his eyes.
"I- I'm sorry for yelling at you today." He said, sobbing.
Samuel pulled him in for a hug, not caring how drenched wet he was. "It's okay." Samuel assured.
"What happened?" He asked looking at Charles up and down and noticing that new tears welled up in his eyes.
"I'm sorry." He sobbed, so shakily that it gave Samuel chills.
And even here, Charles was sopping wet, bright red face with tears running down it, soaked hair that fell over his face, Samuel felt like he'd fallen in love all over again.
He kissed Charles. He knew Charles was taken aback because his eyes opened wide at first but then he fell into Samuels love trance. Samuel felt like this had been the best, most emotionally driven kiss so far. It was amazing.
"Why were you out in the rain?" Samuel asked after he pulled away.
"You wanted me to come." Charles said, calmer, as he wiped his face on his wet arm, not really doing much.
"I didn't know it was raining. You're gonna get sick." Samuel said putting his hand on Charles shoulder.
Charles laughed through the tears "okay mom."
"Seriously though go get a shower." Samuel said, pointing to his bathroom.
"I don't have clothes." Charles responded, shrugging.
"You're using mine. Just go get a shower. I'll lay out the clothes and get you a towel."
"Fine." Charles said, turning around and walking to the bathroom.
They stood in there and Samuel grabbed a towel for Charles, putting it on the counter along with the clothes he'd gathered.
"Those are soaps, you know how to read. You hopefully know how to work the shower."
Then Samuel left Charles in there and walked to his room and continued on the flowers he was drawing.
A few minutes later Charles came in Samuels room in only a towel, holding the clothes Samuel gave him.
"Why didn't you change in there?" Samuel asked.
"You didn't give me underwear." Charles responded.
"Oh sorry" Samuel said grabbing into his drawer and throwing a pair of boxers at Samuel.
"Go change." Samuel said.
Charles stepped closer. "Or we could-"
"CLOTHES!" Samuel said loudly, his face growing red.
Charles smiled. "Okay I'll be back." And he left the room with the clothes in his hands.