3

I stood there, tears unwillingly falling from my face. I was trying to look anywhere but at Cole and the girl. His arm was still around her and there were surrounded by about five guy and seven or so girls. I was smiling at me but it wasn’t like it used to be. I used to love his smile, the way he looked at me when we went on a date. The smile was not lovingly like I thought. He’s looking at me the same way now, just like he used to. I wish that I would have staid under the water and never have seen this. At least I would have died happily.

        "C-Cole?" I sutured, part of me hoping that I wasn’t seeing straight or that this was just a big miss understanding.

        "Rebecca, babe, you should be smarter than this. Did you honestly think I would go for someone as useless as you? I mean come on, you over react, way too much. You were kidnapped. Okay, I get it but the way you act is just you being an attention whore. Now, why would I want to deal with all that, when I can have someone as perfect as Anglia? She does not cover herself up, like you do. She doesn’t cling on me when were in large groups or around strangers. She doesn’t act like a wimp. It was a lie from the being. I could never love you or someone like you. Everything was and is a lie.  Anglia wanted to have a little fun with you when she saw you over reacting."

        I'm pretty sure I'm falling at being strong right now. This water is freezing... but it's the only thing that is letting me know it's real, that Cole, my Cole it's doing this to me. How could he? How could he do this to me? Why would he want to do this?

        I needed to get away from these people. I swam to the edge of the lake and tried not to look at all the faces in front of me. I gripped the edge of the lake, getting mud mushed in between my fingers. My legs slipped a few times but I was finally able to get out. I stood up and walked in front of Cole and what I guessed to be his new girlfriend. She’s better than me? At least I have the decency not to look like my face is a coloring book. After standing there I brought my hands to my face to wipe off the water and probably the tears mixed in with it, also, removing the foundation on my face. I made sure to show the scars that cover my face. He clearly never liked me, so what do I care if he thinks its horrible looking? I looked back up at to see a surprised look cover his face in a matter of seconds.

        What happened to your face?" he might as well yell at me.

        "I was not just kidnapped."

        Without a second thought I ran, pushing past Cole and the group and didn't look back at him or anyone else. I just ran.