~ 5 ~

~ j o n a h s p o v ~

"we have to leave," y/n whispered, tugging on my sleeve.

"why?" i ask her quietly, "we just got here."

she starts to hyperventilate.

"j-jason," she points to a booth, with 2 men sitting there.

she stutters on her words.

"guys, i don't think we should eat here anymore," y/n nods her head continuously.

her breathing rhythm is getting faster and faster, then she runs out of the diner.

"why not? what's happening?" daniel worryingly asks.

"jason is here." i whispered loud enough so they can all hear.

they are struck with a certain type of fear.

i run out of the diner, and sit outside against the building with y/n.

her breathing rhythm going unhealthily fast. she starts to cry a silent cry.

i hold her close to my chest, butterflies are going crazy in my stomach, but she starts to cry into my chest. she was having a panic attack.

i slowly stand up, bringing her up with me. i see the boys step out of the diner, i reach into my pocket for the car keys. i then toss corbyn the keys to the car so he can drive while i comfort y/n in the car. he nods while catching the keys.

i lead her towards the car door,

we drive back to the house, realizing that y/n shouldn't be out in public right now. she should be at home, resting.

we open the door and she sits on the couch. she is calm now but i think she just needs to stay at the house for a while. we offer her some food but she says she isn't hungry.

"guys, i think i might just go upstairs into the room. i'm sort of tired." y/n looks down at the floor.

"okay, if you need anything just yell." daniel gives a reassuring smile to her.

she runs upstairs, you can hear the soft pitter patter of her feet climbing up the steps. the hardwood floor silently squeaking as she steps on a plank.

"spongebob?" jack asks us.

we all nod in agreement and sit on the couch, with the exception of corbyn, he is making popcorn and bringing other snacks to the couch.

~ t w o  h o u r s  l a t e r ~

i head upstairs and walk into our room. i open the door a tad bit and see y/n plopped on the bed sound asleep. her head is face down, and her arms and legs are spread out. sorta like she's making a snow angel.

i head over to her, sitting next to her i shake her softly.

"wake up y/n" i whisper softly.

she turns around and slowly opens her eyes. she smiles at me and sits up in a swift motion.

"what time is it?" she asks in her morning voice.

"lunch time." i smile at her.

"good i'm hungry," she chuckles.

she stands up. she is wearing my t-shirt which is ridiculously big on her but also really cute on her.

we head out of the room and downstairs. the hallway leading into the i start to smell something burning, then i hear a faint beeping sound.

i walk into the kitchen. i see daniel standing on top of the chair and waving a paper plate back and forth near the smoke alarm. i chuckle a bit as y/n couldn't contain her laughter.

"what did you do daniel?," y/n said laughing and pointing to him.

"i burnt the mac and cheese." he says with an awkward look on his face.

"how does," y/n starts to break out in laughter, "someone burn mac and cheese," she breaks out into a fit of laughter. her smile and laugh cuter than anything in the world.

"hey, people make mistakes," daniel pouts but also starts to laugh.

before you know it everyone starts to laugh in the kitchen. the smoke causing us to cough a bit, but that didn't stop us from crying tears of joy.

~ t e n m i n u t e s l a t e r ~

~ y / n s p o v ~

we all are sitting in the living room/ kitchen. (which are connected btw) daniel, corbyn, and zach are watching a movie, while jack is on the phone with his mom, he talks to his mom everyday, which is cute. jonah and i sit in the kitchen, eating at the marble island.

"we never went to the mall today," jonah mention, putting his hand on my hand, while my hands are folded.

"how about we go tomorrow!" i gave him a reassuring smile.

"sure, why not." he smiled at me.

all of a sudden a loud knock was placed on the door. a familiar sounding knock, i can't figure out where i've heard it from.

"i'll get it," jonah springs up.

"okay i'm gonna use the bathroom." i told jonah.

i went to the 'bathroom' when in reality i hid in the hallway, i had a gut feeling this wasn't going to turn out good.

"hey jonah." a man with a deep, familiar sounding voice says.

"umm who are you?" jonah questions the man.

"i'm jason." the man says, shaking jonah's hand firmly.

that phrase played in my head on repeat. i started to hyperventilate. it was jason.

i ran up the stairs, i can feel my feet getting heavier and heavier as the room starts to get dizzy.

i run into the first room i see. i run into the bathroom inside of that room and lock myself in there. i start to cry.

bad memories of jason hurting me came rushing back, flooding my brain.

~ f l a s h b a c k ~

the door slams. i hear footsteps going down the hallway. i hid in the closet where he keeps his bedsheets and blankets, i covered myself in large folded blankets in hopes he wouldn't find me.

there is barely any air to grasp on. it's difficult to breathe but i maintain a good breathing pattern.

"you can't hide forever, i will find you eventually." he slurs on his words.

i start to hyperventilate, the pain of his abuse is too much for me to handle.

he opens the closet door, i covered my mouth with my hand, for my loud breathing not to give me away.

"you slut, wherever you are i will hurt you." he yells into the air.

he closes the door shut and i start to cry silently.

~ f l a s h b a c k e n d ~

i could hear muffled sounds coming from downstairs. i hear people taking and then a door slam. i thought i was safe. but i didn't want to come out.

then all of a sudden i hear yelling. and the boys aren't yelling at eachother. they are yelling at jason.

__
word count: 1208

i will try to update every friday or saturday! i will try my best to stick to that schedule.

also i will try to write at least 1000 words for each chapter!

thank you guys for the positive feed back! ily all so much!

republishing because only a couple of you got the notif??