~ 15 ~ PART ONE

y/n finished her very first shift at the bakery at six, she came in with a smile and came out with a smile. everyone at the bakery treated her so well, the customers loved how kind she was, and the staff and employees were so welcoming, she felt at home there. but one thing was for certain: she was very tired. she works part time, from nine in the morning to six in the evening, on mondays, wednesdays, and fridays. she is happy with her job and how many days she gets off, but she knew that she was going to be very tired on those days she had work, but she was okay with that. as long as she makes money and works in a healthy environment, she will be fine.

once she climbed out of the uber she took back home, she thanked the driver and entered the why don't we house. once she walked in she noticed they weren't home, she thought they were at the studio recording, little did she know they were just outside, setting something up.

they were all in the backyard as y/n headed up stairs into the bedroom she shared with jonah, zach, and daniel. she took off her uniform, went into the shower for twenty minutes, then changed into some black sweats and a UCLA hoodie. she sat on the bed and started to watch netflix on jonah's computer. 

thirty minutes later jonah walks in on y/n watching some netflix, wearing nicer clothes than usual, not expecting her to be home yet. they both shot each other confused looks, y/n furrowing her eyebrows as jonah raises one of his eyebrows. 

"y/n, you're home.... early?" the brunette questions the girl as she tilts her head at the question. "early? i get off at six silly." she states, chuckling at jonah. jonah was baffled, as he thought she gets off an hour after six. then it hits him, he got his information all wrong. 

"so, why are you dressed all.. nicely?" y/n now asks him a question, causing jonah to snap out of his thoughts, "it's for um..... a music video?" he questions himself. "is it really for a music video? or are you going on a... date?" y/n reluctantly implies, now random thoughts started to appear in her head, statements like 'you should have made a move before anyone else had'.

 "ummm... sort of.... you'll see." he states, making y/n's heart sink into the ground. she thought she wasn't good enough, she knew she should have done something to move their relationship forward. 

"wait, could you possibly be downstairs in twenty minutes? wear something nice and you don't have to put any make-up on!" jonah asked-shouted to y/n as he was walking out of the bedroom into the hallway, bewildering her, although she still said yes. "well, i better get going. i'll see you in a bit." he smiled and exited the door, leaving y/n very puzzled. 

~ y o u r  p o v ~

'what just happened? why was he asking me to be dressed and downstairs in twenty minutes? wasn't he going on a date? why would he want me down there?' these questions rushed to my head as soon as he shut the door. regardless, i headed to my closet and searched for something 'nice' to wear. 

i found a flowy, blue marble skater skirt and a plain white cropped, tank top. i decided to look through the minimal jewelry i owned and found a dainty pendant i have been wanting to wear ever since i went to the mall with jonah and bought it. it took myself around fifteen minutes just to find this outfit so after putting it on i sat on my phone until i heard someone shout my name, calling to come downstairs.  

when i reached downstairs, it was quite, none of the boys in sight

when i reached downstairs, it was quite, none of the boys in sight. zach walked in from the kitchen, wearing a white, dressy shirt, a bow tie, suspenders, and some black slacks. (hehe that rhymes)

"Y/N" he exclaimed quite loudly. i smiled at him, "you look... amazing!" he complimented, "you look great as well." shooting him back a compliment, he shot me a cheeky smile and motioned me to follow him, so i complied and followed him.

 he lead me to the backyard where the rocks were, above were beautiful bulb lights that hung low, but not too low from the tree branches, the grass next to the rocks covered in blankets that were tumblr-esqe, two pillows were placed on the blankets for seating, zach gestured for me to sit down on one of the pillows. he sent a smile and ran away. 

i sat there for a moment, wondering what this was all about. until jonah walked into the backyard with a huge smile on his face, he had a bouquet of flowers in hand and walked towards the picnic blanket i was sitting on. he stood in front of me and reached out for my hand, i grabbed it, lifting myself up from the pillow on the ground. we stood there, faces inches apart, for a few seconds until he spoke up.

"so, y/-" i interrupted him, "aren't you supposed to be on a date?" questioning him, he released a heavy sigh and began to speak, "well.. about that," he smiled at the ground, his cheeks redder than i've ever seen before and he started to shuffle his feet.

"y/n y/l/n, you make my world a better place, everything you do makes me a better and happier person, i have to admit something: i have feelings for you, strong ones. that night on the football field made me realize that i have fallen so hard for you. so, i have been meaning to ask you something," he admits, then begins to ask me something, "w-would you like to go on a... d-date?" he asks, stuttering, which i find adorable. 

i smile, heat rising to my cheeks, i reply to him, "yes, i would love to go on a date with you." he smiles widely and then embraces me in a huge hug, lifting me up from the ground. muffled clapping and shouting comes from inside the house. both me and jonah turn around to see a camera posted up against the window with five guys screaming and cheering our way, i look at jonah and we both laugh.

__________________

word count: 1174 sORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT

i finally finished this v crappy chapter, i hope you guys are happy that they are together now! WHOOP WHOOP. 

i got a new computer so expect me to write more and i will be updating my imagine book later today or tomorrow, so watch out for that!

also, this is 1/2 updates for this week so expect one more to come out this friday! ALSO WHY DONT WE IS COMING TO MY HOMETOWN (chicago) TOMORROW! IM SUPER EXCITED AHHHAHAHH!

okay im done now, hope you enjoyed and make sure to like and comment!!!!

BYEEEE FRIENDS