I feel like I'm A Criminal

Tara's POV
It's been a week now and I'm getting ready for school. I have to go. When I  graduate I will be given the choice to leave and go to the human world.

If I don't, I'm stuck here forever. He problem is I need drugs. My head hurts. I haven't slept in a while.

During the day, they take shifts but every night Jake is here. I pretend to sleep but I open my eyes once he does.

I thought vampires didn't get sick but u was wrong. The only thing difference between us and humans is that we heal faster, drink blood, can't die unless it's a stake and have heightened senses.

The garlic and the holy water was all fake. And we do have a reflection. We also need sleep just not as much as humans.

But I hadn't slept in a few days and I was pretty dizzy. This wasn't a wound so I wasn't healing. I needed drugs.

When I had a sniff, the nightmares disappeared. "Tara, are you done?" T called from downstairs.

I didn't bother answering her. I rarely talk around any of them except Jake. He's an exception in everything and I don't want to to be that way.

Not now and not ever. I grabbed my black leather bag and stared at myself in the mirror. Black hair,red blouse, black jacket, black jeans and black boots.

Pale skin, blood shot eyes, flushed face and angry red marks on my skin. I guess I'm ready.

I went downstairs and ignored It's shocked look as I got out of the house and into her car. I wasn't allowed to teleport anywhere unless I was taking someone with me.

Stupid Jake! And I didn't want to have physical contact with anyone so that wasn't happening.

Except Jake...
Wonder why I'm listening to him. His parents said so. They said I should listen to my mate and I respect them so I did.

I slammed the car door behind me and stared at the road as T driver. She tried to make small talk but I ignored her.

I just sat and thought about drugs. How good it felt when it got into your system. I was going insane.

Jake had also told me not to self harm after he caught me with a knife cutting my wrist. Sure the wound would heal but I'd feel pain.

And that small pain would take my mind off stuff. When I noticed that we had arrived at school, I got out and walked towards the building.

As soon as I entered the corridor became silent as all eyes turned to stare at me. I felt uncomfortable but I didn't show it.

I kept my face blank and headed towards my locker. I had no idea what I was going to learn. I unlocked it and as expected it was empty.

I placed my books into it and took out only a sketchbook and a pencil.

I sniffed out the principal's disgusting perfume. It as faint but there as I followed it. I met the receptionist.

She was a kind looking woman in her twenties. I didn't bother looking at her tag. "Can I have my schedule please?" I asked softly.

She smiled and asked for my name. I gave it to her and she handed me a paper a few minutes later.

I turned around and Damon grabbed my schedule. I hadn't noticed that T was gone.

For a moment his eyes glazed over and I knew what he was doing. He was mind linking the others. He was telling them about my schedule.

So that they would always know where I was. I as being constantly watched and I didn't like the attention. I feel like I'm a criminal.

I feel like pulling my hair. Geez, it's not like I'm going to kill myself and I don't see the point. The damages has already been done. Nothing can compare.