The Angel, My Grandfather

Tara's POV
The glass shattered as a new found strength and a feeling of freedom burst inside me.. I pushed Elle behind me and we began fighting for control.

I managed to push Elle out of my body and she settled for Elena's body. I broke free as she flew into the air.

I grabbed all the vampires and snapped their necks with my powers. "You think you've won? I have one final trick." She said.

Then she began chanting. I knew she wouldn't last in Elena's body. Her body was took weak.

What spell is she casting? I have to stop her? That was when it hit me. She was going to burn as alive. "Jake, get everyone out of here. She's gonna burn the place down." I yelled at Jake.

My family began to rush the witches out. "Cone on Tara!!" Jake yelled at me but I couldn't. So with tear filled eyes I shut the door.

As he banged on it my heart broke. I formed a shield around the castle so that the fire would stay in and not hurt anyone. There were only three people left.

Elena, Braeden and I. I couldn't leave my sister and best friend to die. I still loved them. In spite of everything they'd done to me i still loved them. Just then she looked at me with cold eyes and closed her eyes.

Everything happened in slow motion. I saw the ball of fire go into the air and expand. I saw Elle's essence leave Elena.

I saw Braeden scream. Then I did it. I formed a shield around them both. I waited for the flames to burn me.

Then I heard it. A small cry. The baby!!!!! They left the baby. I looked around and found her on the floor. Just as the fire blasted, I shielded her with my body.

I didn't matter. I had killed her parents and it was my fault that she was an orphan. I wouldn't let her die.

The pain I felt was unbearable. I couldn't believe it. The flamed burned and burned me. I screamed in pain, everything hurt. I just hope the baby was fine.
I screamed until everything went black.

Dream...

I stood in the middle of a beautiful garden. I was dressed in white. I didn't know where I was. I heard a loud fluttering noise and suddenly a gush of wind.

When I turned around, there he was. The Angel Eremiel, my grandfather. I hugged him and cried as he comforted me.

"Hush, little one. The fight is over. But you must decide. Do you want to stay here or go back?" He asked me.

I didn't want to go back. I couldn't face Jake. I had killed his parents. His brother turned into a monster because of me. I destroyed his life.

I had nothing left there. Bella was safe and as long as I remained with my grandfather they would all be safe.

"I want to stay with you grandfather." I said. He looked sad. "Are you sure, little one?" He asked.

I nodded. "If that is what you wish then I shall respect it." He said.

Three years later...

Jake's POV

Its been three years since the explosion. When the shield dissolved I burst into the palace or what was left of it.

Elena was on the floor crying and so was Braeden. My baby sister was asleep in Braeden's arms. But she wasn't there.

My princess wasn't there. "Where is she?" I yelled st them. They had caused all of this. "She used her magic to shield us and protected the baby with her body.

When we woke up, she was gone." Elena explained. When she looked at me I felt my whole life crash. She was gone? She couldn't be gone!

"Your Highness, it's time." Damon said breaking me out of my reverie. He looks grief stricken. Today was a sad day.

After Tara disappeared, I became the king of both vampires and witches. We now lived in peace just like Tara always wanted.

She brought about the peace yet she isn't here to celebrate with us. "I'll be there, Damon." I said.

Once he left I picked up a vase and smashed it at the wall. It hurt to even mention her name. I've become this dead person.

I feel so empty inside. It hurts physically to be away from her. I composed myself and went to sit in the throne room.

The people decided to create a festival to honour Tara. I thought it was a waste of time. All it ever did was remind me that I had lost her.

I hated that.

Tara's POV

"I know but I want to go back. I miss Jake so much and the rest of my family as well." I whined.

My grandfather aligned and nodded. "Come here!!" He called. I went to him and he pulled me into a hug. "I love you." He said.

Then everything went black. Suddenly I felt a bright light and squinted my eyes. I looked around and saw that I was in a garden.

There were witches everywhere and they were planting my favorite flowers. Red roses.

"Excuse me, why are you planting red roses?" I asked a young girl. She seemed familiar.

"Today is dedicated to celebrating my dead mom. She saved us and brought peace. She saved us all." She said with tears in her eyes.

Wow how long have I been gone? "What's your mom's name?" I asked her. "Tara Deidre Morgenstern." She said. That was when I realized something. It was Bella!!

"Bella, its me. Don't you remember? I love you to the stars, the moon and the-" she cut me off with a hug.

We cried as she told me everything  and led me to the palace. Jake was depressed from what i heard.

At the gate Bella ran inside and I heard her yell that her mother was back. Then I smelt his scent. Dark chocolate. I needed this moment to be special and private.

So I did what I did best. I ran!! I wanted him to chase me. And he did!! Of course he did!
--------------------------------------------------
Thank you!! The next chapter is the last chapter of Chasing Tara. I dropped my phone and cracked the screen.

Since mom will kill me I'm ending the book so that I can get money, fix the phone and make it brand new.

Bye.

Please read, vite, comment and share.

Until the next chapter...

-Daisy