"Great maple leaves!" (Completed!)

I got that one done quicker than I thought! This is going to be fun, even though some chapters will be harder to fix. Like probably this one. I'll be as fast and efficient as I can, but again, please be patient with me. I'm new to the whole "Fix The Story" thing. Hope you're enjoying it, though! Also, please excuse any bad language you may find in the future!

Gilbert

Wow, it's been a while since this has happened. I missed it. The rerun of the hockey game starts up, and pretty soon we're both screaming really loudly at the TV at every hit, miss, swing or skate; even though he's already seen it. One guy misses the goal by several feet and Matt shoots up from his seat, shouting "OH COME ON THAT WAS A WIDE OPEN SHOT YOU COULD'VE GOTTEN THAT YOU MAPLE ASSHAT IT WAS RIGHT THERE!" He sits back down, turns to me and says calmly, "What would you like for dinner?"

"Hmm, how about mashed potatoes and steak?"

"I'm not sure about the steak, but we can do the potatoes."

"Ham?"

"I can do ham." We turn back to the game.

When the first period ends and intermission rolls around, Birdie gets up to go make dinner, tripping on Kumajiro. The dumb bear is very famous for that. Gilbird stops flying around my hair for once and instead flies around Kuma's. Mattie comes back a few minuets later with a glass of beer for me and a glass of whiskey for himself just as the second period starts. "Danke."

And we're right back to screaming and yelling. The second period ends and intermission starts again, and suddenly Matt shoots up and races to the kitchen. I realize that there is a distinct burning smell coming from that direction. Hmm...

I stand and follow him a little slower, and watch as he shakes his head at the pot, his hands on his hips. Kumajiro is at his feet, trying to reach up to see what's in the pot. Mattie swats at him, and he backs off. Mein Birdie looks adorable like that, but of course the awesome me is not going to say that. It'd just be weird for the Canadian. "You almost look like an angry mother, Mattie."

He gives a little shriek and leaps about a foot in the air, and I laugh my trademark laugh.

"Keseseseseseseses~"

Matthew

I jump around, my hand on my chest. "Great maple leaves! You startled me, Gil."

"Kesesesese~ Oh, sorry, my awesome friend. I did not mean to." His grin tells me it's a lie.

"It's fine," I tell him with a smile. "It's just that I was thinking so hard about what we're going to have for dinner that I didn't notice you walk in." Kumahachi reaches up again and I push him down, telling him no.

Gilbert tilts his handsome head to the side, Gilbird fluttering away and around my kitchen. "I thought you were cooking dinner now?" Wait, did I really just think that Gil's head is handsome? I can feel the red blush creeping up my neck, and I force it away.

Shaking my head to clear it, I reply with "I was, but since I was so engrossed in the game, I forgot it was in here and burnt the food." He steps over to where the pot of diced potatoes is supposed to be boiling, but is instead blackish with no water. Maybe I didn't put enough water in...

"Cheer up, Birdie. We can just order in from somewhere."

I cheer up in excitement. "Pancakes?! There's this really great place not far from here that delivers and is cheap! Please???" I'm literally begging. What? I haven't had any pancakes since breakfast.

He smiles, and I return it. "Ja, we can have pancakes. With plenty of maple syrup, of course."

"Yas!" I spin around in a circle, and Kumafig rambles out of the way so he doesn't get stepped on. We make the call for the pancakes, and Gil laughs when I can't contain my excitement.