Fright (Not Completed!)

SWEET LORD DOITSU AND HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE! I just got 620+ reads on this book! Woohoo! I honestly did not expect to get a hundred reads, let alone 600! *reads over a few parts in this chapter* Well sh*t. I just realized there's a rather large part of clearing up I have to do because ship change... Onward!

Gilbert

We brought the awesomely adorable Blue home with us, and set him up in the spare bedroom. He fell right to sleep. Mattie and I went to go get a snack, (crackers and beer for me, hot chocolate for him) then we call Kiku over Skype. After a moment he answers, his hair wet. "Herro."

Birdie speaks first. "Hey, Kiku. We encountered a new country today. He is Catlandia, and he says that he's an island nation about 100 miles east of you. Have you heard or seen of him?"

Kiku grabs a towel from beside his screen and works on drying his hair. "I do not know of this Catrandia, but I arso haven't gone very far east in a whire. Does he have a name?"

"Ja, his name is Blue Young," I reply. "He holds an orange stuffed cat like mein Birdie over here did a while ago." 

"Werr, I wirr ask around and see what my peopre know. Is there anything erse you need?"

"Yes. Why is your hair wet? Did you just take a shower?"

"If you courd carr it that. There's a thunderstorm over here right now." Matt squeaks and ducks under the table. Kiku tilts his head at that, then continues. "It's supposed to be heading up toward you guys. It might take a whire, but it wirr get there eventuarry."

A small sound comes from under the table as Kiku ends the call. I shut the laptop and bend down to look at the Canadian. He's curled up in a fetal position with his hands locked over the back of his head. He's shaking, and with a start I realize he's terrified. Without a word, I get down from my chair and pull him into my lap.

Matthew

I'm terrified of thunder, just terrified! The loud booms are so scary, and then more bright blinding flashes follow, and it just scares me so much! And they always come when I'm in the house alone, so I have to suffer through it without any distractions.

Suddenly I'm in Gil's lap, and he's holding me, keeping me solid. I take my hands from my head and wrap them around his waist. He stiffens for a second, and I also stiffen, expecting him to push me off. But instead, he relaxes and wraps his arms around me, pulling me up a little better. I'm so focused on the feeling of his arms around me, so perfect, that it takes me a moment to realize-I'm not as scared anymore.

Gilbert makes everything okay again. If only I could admit my feelings for him. Maybe things would be even better. But I don't want to lose his friendship and scare him away. What can I do?