Unexpected Person

Gilbert

I peak into the spare bedroom and see Matthew and Blue sleeping peacefully. I smile, shutting the door quietly behind me. I go back to the living room and turn on the TV, trying to find some sort of show to watch. After a little while I give up and go back to the bedroom to see if anyone's awake yet. Blue blinks open his eyes as I open the door.

He slips on his glasses, grabs his stuffed cat, and follows me out, leaving Matt on the bed, still sleeping. I fire up the laptop to see if Kiku is on. He is, and I call him. He answers almost right away, this time with dry hair.

"Hey, Kiku. Did you learn anything?"

"Herro. Yes, I did. But where is Matthew?"

Blue piped up, "Mr. Matthew is in the spare bedroom, sleeping."

"Oh, herro. You must be Brue, that new country that Matthew and Girbert told me about. I am Kiku Honda, and my country is-"

"You're Japan. I know this because we're neighbors. Some of my people have slight Japanese accents because of it. And for some random strange reason, they also have a slight German accent..."

Kiku looks as surprised as I am. "That may be because I hang out with Mr. Rudwig often. His country is Germany."

"Hey, what about me? Does my awesomeness not exist anymore?"

"No, it still does, you don't have to worry about that, Gil." I jump at the unexpected noise from behind me.

Matthew

I wake up to an empty room. Blue, his glasses, and his cat aren't here. Rubbing sleep from my eyes, I head into the kitchen to see where everyone is at. Gil and Blue are at the computer, talking with Kiku. Crossing my arms and leaning up against the door frame, I let them talk for a while, all of them oblivious to me. I kinda have a talent for that.

"Hey, what about me? Does my awesomeness not exist anymore?"

Poor Gil. He sounds a little heartbroken that they're talking about everything but him. So I speak up, startling everyone. "No, it still does, you don't have to worry about that, Gil."

Little Blue races up to me and latches his tiny arms around me, then looks up at me with pleading eyes. Understanding what he wants, I pick him up. I sit down in the chair next to Gil, turning to our friend on the screen.

"Hey, Kiku, what's up?"

He open's his mouth to reply when he's interrupted by a new, surprising voice. Heracles, aka Greece, appears right behind Kiku, not wearing a shirt. "I am up, for now."

Kiki suddenly gets this look on his face, and he shuts his laptop quickly. We can hear him talking to Heracles, despite it. "They weren't supposed to know you are here! Now my boss wirr probabry find out, and then where wirr we be?"

"Relax, my friend. There is nothing wrong with us being together, is there?" Heracles sounds a little hurt.

"No! Now those guys know about us! Ahh! My boss is going to kirr me!"

"Shh, it's okay. Your boss is not going to find out." The laptop screen flips up, and his face is right in the screen. "Right guys?"

All three of us give robotic nods. "Good." The call ends.

I look over at Gilbert. "Finally!"

"It's about time they got together!" We both laugh, and after a moment, Blue joins in. It's almost like we're a family.

Almost.