Chapter 4

It was around 8pm when I received a text from Annabeth.

Piper come to my house right now, please. We really need to talk.

So I had my Dad drop me off at her house.

I stood nervously at the front door. What would I tell her? How would I explain why I ran away in the lunch room that day? How could I tell her why I ignored her for 3 months?

I sighed, and then took a deep intake of breath. Reaching over I knocked on the door, three times.

Annabeth appeared at the door right as I let my arm fall to my side.

She took one look at me and then closed the space between us. Giving me a tight hug. Then she loosened her grip and we sat there for a few seconds in the embrace.

Finally she dropped her hands from my waist, it was sad. "Come in." She said, gesturing for me to go inside.

I did and stood in her living room, not knowing what to do. As she closed the door I realized I had never been in her house before.

I took a second to scan my surroundings, trying to memorize everything.

After closing the door, Annabeth went around me to go in front of me and started walking down to a hallway. "Here let's go to my room."

I gulped at the thought of being in her room with her. Reluctantly I followed her.

She pushed her door open and stepped inside. I scanned the room in awe as I saw many mementos and souvenirs. Posters of boy bands and celebrities. But more than anything, books lay scattered around the room in varying piles.

Sitting on her bed she patted a spot next to her, which I sat down on.

There was an awkward silence. Annabeth was probably gathering her thoughts, thinking about what to ask and say. Me? Well I was freaking out. Going crazy about the situation I was in. My nerves tingling from Annabeth being so close. Trying not to blush and have her notice what an obvious crush I have on her. It was work.

Finally she said, "The day I told you I was dating Percy, you ran out. Why?"

She looked over to her right to stare at me, but I only kept on staring at the wall in front of me. Without looking back at her I said, "I ran out because...all of my friends were getting in relationships, and I guess I was...I don't know, jealous? So I ran out, not being able to take the fact that 1 more person I knew was dating. Leaving me to be single all by my lonesome."

I could see her nodding. "I'm sorry."

My eyes started to tear up a bit and I said, "You have nothing to be sorry about, just ask me something else."

She nodded again. "Okay, why have you avoided me for 3 months?"

That, I had no answer to. Pulling something off the top of my head I said, "I hated myself for being so jealous, I told myself I didn't deserve a friend like you, so I left you."

"Piper, everyone gets jealous. I don't deserve you that's what. You do so much and I do nothing to repay you."

"Thanks, Annabeth, but that isn't true."

"Yes, it is." She grabbed my hand and said. "Do you promise you'll start talking and seeing me again?"

"Sure, if you'll answer this question."

Still holding my hand she said, "Shoot."

"How come you avoided me for a while after the sleepover?"

Her eyes were downcast. "I was embarrassed that Hazel and Reyna could think such things about us. I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings."

"Oh, okay. Thanks."

"One last thing Piper."

"Yeah?"

"Will you come and go out with Percy and I? I really want you to meet him. He's a great guy, you'll see."

My heart tore in two and tears now started to threaten to fall even more. "Yeah, just sent me the info and I'll be there."

"Great, thanks for talking to me Piper."

I looked over at her and she smiled. I managed a weak, small smile. I stood up from her bed and said, "I should go."

"Wait Piper." She said as she got up and grabbed my arm before I could leave the room. "My family won't be home till tomorrow and I don't want to be alone. Will you sleep over?"

"Sure." I blurted out, it was completely compulsive and I should've denied, but I didn't. "But I don't have pajamas or a sleeping bag, and pillows and blankets."

"I'll lend you some of my pajamas and get you a place to sleep."

"Okay."

Soon enough I had changed into some of her clothes which were way too comfortable. I didn't want to ever take them off, plus they smelled like her.

"Here let's just share my bed, it's big enough for 2." Annabeth said.

I blushed at the thought of sleeping in the same bed as her, under the same blankets.

Annabeth lifted the blankets up and gestured for me to get in, so I sat down on the bed and stuck my feet under the covers.

Turning off the light she got in right next to me on my left.

I pulled the covers up to my chin and laid on my side, facing away from Annabeth.

It was really quiet and we didn't move. I could tell she was still awake though.

But just as I was falling asleep, Annabeth got up on her elbow and leaned over. She kissed my cheek and whispered into my ear, "Goodnight Piper, thanks."

It sent shivers down my spine, but it did nothing to keep me awake, so I drifted off into an endless sleep. Dreaming about my stupid crush.