Chapter 13

The next day Hazel and I already had our date in order.

Dressed up in nice casual attire, I stepped up to Hazel's front door and knocked.

"Hey beautiful." She said.

I smiled, "Hey. You look great." I told her.

"Thanks." She smiled and I melted inside.

She grabbed my hand and we starting walking down the steps from her house.

"I'm not too hungry." She said, "Let's just skip to our walk around the park."

"I'm not hungry either, so we can do that." I replied. I wasn't hungry because I was being eaten alive with this guilt.

Annabeth and I were at my house right after I said yes to Hazel. She noticed something was wrong but didn't say anything.

I was sweating, and nervous. I was so close to just blurting out that Hazel and I were dating.

But despite the horrible situation I was in, I tried to stay optimistic and enjoy Hazel's presence.

We continued our walk in silence. We reached the park and I saw some dandelions up ahead, and when we reached them, I picked them out of the ground and gave them to Hazel.

She smiled at me, "Thank you, Piper."

I smiled back, "Of course."

She leaned in and gave me a kiss. A long kiss that I leaned into and enjoyed.

It sent warmth through my body, and made the tips of my fingers tingle, as though electricity were coursing through my veins.

Over to my left I heard a shocked voice say, "Piper?"

Hazel and I broke our kiss and to my astonishment, standing there on an alternate path was Annabeth.

But she wasn't alone.

Beside her, holding her hand, was Reyna.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"I could ask you the same thing." I replied, a little irritated.

"This is awkward." Reyna said.

"What's going on here?" Hazel asked.

All I could do was stand there, looking into Annabeth's eyes, wondering how we got into this situation.

Wanting to go back to the day she drove us up to Percy's house for lunch.

I should've walked in after them.

I should've sat though the long lunch, forcing my laughter and smiles.

I should've kept Annabeth at a safe distance.

I should've kept her as my stupid crush.