Chapter 16

I walked down the street in the dark. I knew where I was going. To the train tracks.

Everything was confusing, and hard. I couldn't take it anymore.

As every second passed I walked faster and faster, trying to get there faster.

Tears were rolling down my face, my legs ached from walking really fast, and it was freezing cold.

I hoped that maybe a car would come and hit me just like it did only months earlier.

I couldn't hear a single thing. Not the cars. The music coming from one of the houses. Not the crickets and barking dogs.

Only the frustration and stress of my life.

Finally after what seemed like I had walked 80 miles, I reached the train tracks.

I stepped on the tracks and walked over to the railing. I set my hands down on the cool metal. I took in a deep breath and gathered my thoughts.

Are we really doing this?

Yes.

Piper, you're taking your life. Please don't do this!

I HAVE TO! I CANT...I...can't.

I gripped the metal and started to cry again. Thinking of Annabeth and Hazel. Thinking of all the stupid things I did.

I should have just walked into that house!

I shouldn't have run away like the coward I am!

All these thoughts ran through my head.

Do it.

"Piper?" I heard someone ask.

I looked to my left to see Thalia through my clouded vision.

I returned my attention to the railing and swung my foot up to climb over and jump off.

Thalia ran at me and tackled me to the ground. She straddled me, trying to keep my arms pinned to the ground.

"Are you crazy?! You can't just kill yourself!" She yelled at me.

"Get off me!" I yelled as I struggled to get up from under her.

"No!" She screamed back.

I kept struggling and finally was able to push her off. She rolled over in the rocks and I made my break for it.

I climbed over the railing, and was on the other side, hanging on.

Thalia sat up and rubbed her head. I looked over at her and said, "I'm so sorry."

I let go.

"NO!" I heard her scream, so loud it hurt my ears.

Time slowed down as I saw Thalia lean over the edge to look at me. I could see sadness in her eyes. She really cared.

I breathed in the cool night air and closed my eyes.

Stretching out my arms and legs. Preparing to hit the concrete and start over.

I blacked out.

——————

Authors Note

That was pretty rough. It's not over yet.

There's one chapter left and it will be pretty short.

But no need to fear! I have a new Pipabeth story out and ready for you to read!

There are two chapters out so far. It's called Pipabeth 2.

Why 2? Because it's the sequel to the first Pipabeth story I published. So if you haven't read the first one, be sure to do that!

So please please check out Pipabeth and Pipabeth 2!

The second one isn't going to have a tragic ending, so you will definitely enjoy it.

There are also longer chapters. Longer than this one.

So please go read it!

Also just a side note. Your author is in love with someone and it's been pretty rough, so yeah.

Anyway, author out.

-Howtolookgood