Chapter 8

i looked away. My face was reddening the more i realized what i had done. i confessed my love to Annabeth.

i told her about my stupid crush. That's all it was! Just a stupid little crush. Nothing more than a small attraction to one of my best friends.

Yeah.

Right?

.....

.....

Wrong. i told myself.

It wasn't just a stupid little crush like i made it out to be. i LOVE her. i want to do nothing but spend the rest of my life with her.

i want her in my arms, i want her head on my shoulder, her lips on mine, on my cheek when i wake up in the morning. i want to MORE than just friends.

i can't sit and watch her date other boys. i can't do it.

All these thoughts ran through my head as i sat there. My back to her. Fear for what she might think about me. But passion for who i was and who i loved running hot through my blood.

The silence was unbearable. What is she thinking? i had to say something.

Without turning around i said, "i love you Annabeth. i really do. i know you don't feel the same, and it's clear you're taken. So, I'll just leave."

With that, i got up off the couch and walked towards the door.

Parts of me fought. "Turn back!" They yelled. "Kiss her Piper! Don't just leave! It's your only chance!"

But the rest of me rebelled. "If Annabeth has the slightest love toward you, she won't let you go."

So i listened to that part of me. Holding my head high as i walked to the door. Every single one of my footsteps was a cannon going off in the dead silence.

Our breathing was like strong winds. But our breathing was different, hers seemed to be calm and steady, while mine was heavy and ragged.

Time slowed the closer i got to that dreadful door, which seemed to symbolize me abandoning my love if i walked through it.

As i floated through that never ending walk, the part of me that rebelled started to get worried.

"STOP ME!" They yelled at Annabeth. "GET UP AND STOP ME! SAY SOMETHING!"

i blocked them out as i finally reached the door. Time coming back to normal.

i had barely twisted the knob 90 degrees when Annabeth grabbed my hand saying, "Piper wait."

i stood there still facing the door. Shocked that she did it. She stopped me. Since she didn't do anything next, i realized she wanted me to face her.

So i turned around. Looking into her soft gray eyes, she said, "D-Do you really f-feel that way? Do you really love me?"

A tear fell from her eyes, like the first raindrop from a dark, cloudy sky. "Yes, with all my heart."

She started sobbing and fell into my arms, wrapping her own around my neck, burying her head into my chest.

We stood like this for a few seconds before i finally wrapped my arms around her tightly. "Why are you crying?" i half asked, half sobbed because her crying was beginning to make me cry.

She looked up at me and said, "I'm crying because you love me, you really do. And I️ love you. You've been my crush forever and you love me. You've shown me more love in the last few minutes than Percy has in the last few months."

She went back to sobbing into my chest as she said, "I️ love you Piper McLean."